Company: Mercy Medical Center - Baltimore, MD
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Security Officer provides a secure environment for patient
care functions of the Medical Center by protecting patients,
visitors and staff through the patrol of buildings, property and
grounds. The Officer will respond to, evaluate and assist with
mitigating any security related issues.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a minimum of two years of experience in law
enforcement or public contract security, or one year of healthcare
- License Requirements: Must have a valid Maryland Driver's
License, or valid driver's license from a neighboring jurisdiction
(PA, DC), if this is their permanent primary residence.
- Certification Requirements: Must attend training provided by
the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety
(IAHSS) as a Healthcare Security Officer when given the opportunity
by the Medical Center to attend.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize one or more of the following: Microsoft Word Power Point
Excel Microsoft Outlook Meditech (if applicable to position) Epic
(if applicable to position) Performance Manager/NetLearning
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to
make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and deal
tactfully with other personnel, visitors, patients, physicians,
customers, and the general public.
- Must be flexible, have personal integrity, and the ability to
function effectively as a team with other employees.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to work harmoniously with other people.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing.
- Must be knowledgeable in Safety and Security duties and the use
of Safety and Security equipment. ? Must be able to follow both
written and oral instructions.
- Investigations into criminal and non-criminal matters. Written
investigative reports and enter them into the computerized Incident
- Must have a working knowledge of and be able to operate the
computerized access control system and how to enter or change
employee access levels.
- Must have a working knowledge of the operation of the CCTV and
digital recording system and be capable of retrieving data upon
- Must attend training by the International Association for
Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) when offered by Mercy
Medical Center. In order to become certified, the officer must pass
an examination administered by the IAHSS. Officer(s) who fail the
initial certification examination will be able to retest at their
own expense. Staff who are unable to successfully complete the
certification process at the subsequent testing will be evaluated
for competency by the Director of Security and Human Resources.
Staff who have been referred to Human Resources for inadequately
meeting role-specific competency standards will be evaluated by HR
for counseling regarding vacant positions for which they may be
qualified. The officer would then have one month to transfer to
another position for which they are qualified. Since the Medical
Center can not maintain staff in unbudgeted positions, staff that
has not transferred after one month will be terminated from
- Must be knowledgeable in security duties, use of security
equipment, laws governing arrest, handcuffing, trespassing and
other laws applicable to security and special police
- Must be able to accurately type 20 wpm
- Must be knowledgeable of legal requirements while conducting
investigations and interviewing witnesses and suspects.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Joint Commission Standards
applicable to Safety, Security and the Environment of Care.
- Must be able to work a variety of schedules, to include
weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work overtime to support the security needs of
the Medical Center.
- Must be able to remain at Mercy for extended period of time
(two to three days) when adverse weather or special security
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center - Baltimore, MD, Baltimore , Security Officer, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!