Hardware Engineer - Clearance Required
Company: Praxis Engineering
Location: Annapolis Junction
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Please note this opportunity represents future work.
What will you be doing?
- Provide hardware engineering expertise to analyze complex
hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and
other technical hardware issues.
- Procure and perform acceptance testing on equipment.
- Provide hardware maintenance support, both preventative and
- Deploy, install, and implement hardware at CONUS and OCONUS
- Prepares specifications for hardware by analyzing documented
and derived system requirements.
- Conduct (and document configuration of) computers, networking
devices and various peripheral equipment.
- Prepare site installations and test reports.
- Ensure that problems have been properly identified and
solutions will satisfy the user's requirements.
- Prepare reports and recommendations concerning existing and
emerging hardware technologies.
- Provide specific input to the hardware components of system
design to include end-user devices, servers, networking devices,
data storage devices, and specialized processors.
What will you need?
- Fourteen (14) years' experience analyzing complex hardware
systems for SIGINT solutions with a Bachelor's degree in one or
more of the following: Communications Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or related discipline from an
- OR five (5) years of additional hardware systems experience may
be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in
Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm
dedicated to the practical application of software and system
engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts,
Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven
engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial
technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high
value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most
critical business and mission objectives.
- Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don't do
things because "that's the way we've always done things"; we listen
to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at
the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and
certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our
customer's mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're
always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we
recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do.
We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and
then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No
micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and
we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding
ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit
share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house
training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training
opportunities like conferences, certification courses and
- Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS
Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
- Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera,
VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and
- Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and
RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and
it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job
is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of
our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our
doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other
Keywords: Praxis Engineering, Baltimore , Hardware Engineer - Clearance Required, Other , Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!