Company: Delmarva Foundation
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Qlarant is a not-for-profit corporation that partners with
public and private sectors to create high quality, safe, and
efficient delivery of health care and human services programs. We
have multiple lines of business including population health,
utilization review, managed care organization quality review, and
quality assurance for programs serving individuals with
developmental disabilities. Qlarant is also a national leader in
fighting fraud, waste and abuse for large organizations across the
In addition, our Foundation provides grant opportunities to
those with programs for under-served communities.
Best People, Best Solutions, Best Results
A CPA who is responsible for complex analysis, development of
financial reports and recommendations and other assignments
requiring a comprehensive knowledge of FAR, GAAP, and corporate
accounting principles, practices and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals,
internal controls, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to
financial management, budget, and/or accounting.
- Oversees the timely and accurate completion of all tax and
- Oversees all routine aspects of the accounting and audit
- Responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate monthly
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers,
accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost,
property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Reviews all general ledger accounts analysis and ensures the
Company's financial records are accurate.
- Ensures the processes for cost accounting, expense and time
charging are in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Coordinates tax and regulatory filings with the external
auditors to ensure compliance. Coordinates external audits,
including A-133 report preparation and 990 tax return.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws in
regard to financial practices.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and
develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Coordinates all corporate and subsidiary financial audits and
ensures appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Understands and makes recommendations to improve efficiency of
cost pools structure, internal contracts, policies and
- Directly supervises 5-6 employees in the Corporate Finance
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Streamline month end close from 2 weeks to 1
- Advise on investment and working capital matters
- Financial Reporting for BoD
- SaaS and or Services experience
- Current with GAAP and or Non Profit
- Unanet Experience
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information;
Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to
complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of
decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates
knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes
appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely
Education and/or Experience:
- Master degree, CPA or CMA preferred.
- Ten years of senior finance/accounting experience
- Minimum 3-7 years supervisory role in a mid to large size
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Gives authority to
work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports
organization's goals and values
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Accounting Software, Deltek products preferred;
Purchase order systems; Microsoft Office Products - superior
knowledge of spreadsheet software a must.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Agency
supplements, General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), the
Defense Contract Agency (DCAA) and other governmental regulations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
Qlarant is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: Delmarva Foundation, Baltimore , Accounting Director, Other , Easton, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!