Medical Office Assistant-Cardiology
Company: University of Maryland Faculty Physicians
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Assists physicians and nursing staff in the care of patients.
Performs various patient care activities, including assisting with
patient flow, taking vitals, giving injections, and other needs as
required. Maintains nurses' stations, exam and procedure rooms.
Performs various front desk and clerical duties in a medical office
including such functions as complete demographic and insurance
registration, charge entry, scheduling patients and/or verifying
insurance information. Must be fully certified in patient
registration. Where the electronic system is in use, this position
will utilize the system as documented in the department and/or FPI
standard operating procedure and process; and other duties as
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Medical Assistant certification required
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Ability to perform all medical assisting responsibilities under
state and faculty guidelines
- Two to three years related medical office experience
- General understanding and application of basic accounting
- PC proficiency
- Strong customer service skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Current knowledge of payer requirements for referrals and
- Knowledge of GE, EPIC or similar computerized billing
- Medical terminology preferred
- CPR certification is required
May require travel to Queenstown.
Keywords: University of Maryland Faculty Physicians, Baltimore , Medical Office Assistant-Cardiology, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!