Operator Level 1 - 1ST SHIFT
Company: Independent Can Co.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
$17.00hr + Sign On Bonus
THIS POSITION WILL BE DAY SHIFT HOURS
Machine Operator operates can manufacturing equipment and
ancillary equipment in the factory. Perform various jobs associated
with manufacturing such as packing, taping, stapling, welding,
inspecting and other various jobs as deemed necessary by
management. This is a fast paced, production-heavy position. The
can lines rely on teamwork and require someone who can and will
contribute in a wide range of functions. This position is
responsible for effectively producing cans.
This position is an hourly non-exempt position and reports to
the Production Manager. The track for progressing to the next
Machine Operator level is:
- There is no set timeline on progressing from Level 1 to Level 2
and Level 2 to Level 3.
- Production Manager must initiate any review to advance Operator
beyond Level 1.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to set up machines with needed materials. Load and
unload materials, parts, or products onto or from pallets, skids,
conveyors, or trucks.
- Inspect and pack manufactured products in an efficient manner
with regards to quality standards.
- Perform basic manufacturing processes by operating contingent
line equipment such as tapers, printers, strappers, cover ups.
- Demonstrate ability to independently operate manufacturing
equipment in an efficient, safe manner while meeting required
- Ability to comprehend and follow work instructions including
Work Orders, Specification Sheets, and Production Reporting.
- Responsible for compliance with industry food safety
- Fully understands that working overtime is a condition of
- Will follow Company personnel and product safety requirements
including standards such as those from SQF and internal GMPs.
- Must follow proper handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous
waste in accordance with State and Federal laws.
- Support the Company Core Values and understand that you will be
evaluated on those Core Values.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
three months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Keywords: Independent Can Co., Baltimore , Operator Level 1 - 1ST SHIFT, Other , Belcamp, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!