SAGE Dining Services is seeking a Steward/Dishwasher to join our
amazing team at a private school in Owings Mills, MD. This position
would begin in August for the new school year.
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You'd work
alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your
passion for culinary excellence. You'd also make a difference in an
academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with
made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students,
faculty, staff, and parents.
To get a glimpse of what a day at a SAGE venue looks like, check
out our video: https://vimeo.com/340290507
- Monday - Friday
- 11:30a.m. -7:30p.m.
- Follows school schedule
- Different hours possible due to catering events
What you get:
- Daily training
- An awesome team
- Competitive wages paid weekly: $13.50/hr
- Career opportunity with a growing company
What you'll do:
- Wash dishes and cookware for meal periods
- Keep workspace clean and organized
- Follow all food safety and sanitation guidelines
- Manage trash and recyclables
- Assist in putting away deliveries when needed
- Interact kindly every day with students, faculty/staff, and
- Assist in serving
- Work in a great team environment!
What you need:
- Awesome attitude; a smile is part of the uniform!
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift 50 lbs
- Reliability and flexibility
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment
- A reliable source of transportation
We're using phone and video interviewing to make the hiring
process safe and present as little risk as possible to you as an
applicant. When you come for an in-person interview, you'll see we
practice physical distancing in a sanitized environment. SAGE
follows healthcare best practices to keep our Team Members and
visitors safe, requiring them to complete daily temperature and
symptom checks, wear a mask at all times, and maintain physical
distancing. Of course, this is food service, so our teams are
accustomed to keeping all areas clean, but we're sanitizing and
disinfecting more frequently.
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with
hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a
restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant
opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE
Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in
food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years.
We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately
275 independent schools and private colleges across North America.
We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the
educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing
communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we
create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses,
inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of
employment or a comprehensive listing of position
Equal Opportunity Employer.