Job Title: Accounting Assistant, Construction
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: Monday through Friday - 8:00a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Accounting Assistant assists the company in meeting its
objectives and goals by performing a variety of data entry and
administrative tasks in the Accounting/Finance department. This
includes understanding and compliance with established accounting
principles, practices, and procedures, and regulatory compliance
with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and related federal and state laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- A minimum of one year providing administrative support in an
Accounting/Finance department is preferred.
- General accounting fundamentals and concepts required.
- Fundamental understanding of related accounting practices and
- Fundamental working knowledge of accounting systems software.
Specifically, Starbuilders or software programs of similar.
- Proficient usage and knowledge of Microsoft applications,
- Proficient usage and knowledge of Starbuilders, Crystal
Reports, and interface with Microsoft Access.
- Proficient usage and knowledge of Starbuilders Sequel database
to create reports in Excel and Crystal reports preferred, but
advanced knowledge not required.
- Proficient usage and knowledge of Invoice Router, and
Application Xtender preferred, but advanced knowledge not
The requirements listed below are representative of
characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform
this job successfully.
- Must possess professional written and verbal communications
- Must demonstrate professional emotional intelligence and
- Must have the ability to discern work assignment priorities and
utilize independent thinking within the scope of authority the
- Must demonstrate commitment to performing duties in a safe
manner within the scope of company policies, state and federal
- Must demonstrate ability to work collectively with peers and in
a manner supporting teamwork in the workplace.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage
information and processes as required with the position
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate,
cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees,
vendors and suppliers. Must be able to fluently communicate in
English both verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk,
reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up
to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position
requires employees to work in an outdoor environment year-round;
employees are required to perform required duties in an outdoor
climate environment year-round.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job in professional office environment
and/or construction site environment. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the
talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth
and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.