Company: Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Do you have experience developing software that integrates
multiple disciplines to enable something greater than the sum of
Are you passionate about creating new concepts and making new
capabilities a reality?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at
APL to research and develop capabilities that augment human
As a Software Engineer, you will...
- Build prototypes to develop concepts, algorithms, and software
to support sponsors in building decision aids for warfighters to
help them better employ the expanding set of complex capabilities
and systems at their disposal.
- Integrate capabilities from third parties in sometimes novel,
You meet the minimum qualifications for this position if you
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or
- At least 3 years of experience in complex software development
and significant knowledge of C and Python in a Linux
- Highly creative and interested in novel challenges.
Self-starter able to work effectively in a demanding, multi-tasking
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a close team
- Experienced in working in an Agile development framework.
- Hold an active Secret level security clearance. If selected,
you will be subject to a government security clearance
investigation and must meet the requirements for access to
classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you
- Master's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
- 5 years of experience with complex software development.
- Game development experience.
- Desire to build computer science/software development expertise
to address cutting edge challenges.
- Strong ability to successfully apply educational background to
real-world engineering problems.
- Interest and initiative to grow into a leadership
- Experienced in acting as a Scrum master or equivalent Agile
development leadership role.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL)
brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense,
security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to
solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what
makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant,
welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to
work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity
and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits,
including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled
retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's
campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn
more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Keywords: Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, Baltimore , Software Engineer, Other , Laurel, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!