Senior Vulnerability Researcher
Company: Cisco Systems, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
If you enjoy vulnerability research, crash analysis, reverse
engineering, and researching new techniques and writing tools to
automate these tasks, this job is for you. This Senior Research
Developer position with Cisco Talos Vulnerability Discovery Team is
available to remote and international workers.
Security research including development of tools for
vulnerability discovery, analysis, and mitigation. Development of
fuzzers and static analysis tools to identify new vulnerabilities
in software. Development of static and run-time analysis tools to
determine the root cause and input conditions related to a
vulnerability. Vulnerability triage and proof of concept exploit
development to support the creation of detection content.
Additional responsibilities include helping users and other
analysts with setup, installation, and usage of the vulnerability
research tools and demonstrating leadership in the security
community through publishing open source tools, papers,
presentations, and blog posts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform software security analysis to discover new
- Create tools for the discovery and triage of
- Write detailed technical advisories on new
- Develop proof of concept exploits for testing IPS and IDS
- Perform patch analysis to find and trigger
- Reverse engineer binary applications, protocols and
- Demonstrate leadership with the security community.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in CS, CE, or Mathematics preferred.
- Demonstrable experience with vulnerability research
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in C/C++, python and assembler (x86, ARM, etc).
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux System API and ABI.
- Knowledge of common file format and network protocol
- Experience binary auditing and reverse engineering.
- Experience with IDA Pro (or other RE tools) and plugin
- Experience with compiler plugins or program analysis
- Experience with runtime binary instrumentation tools such as
PIN, DynamoRIO, etc
- Exceptional analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to
take on additional tasks as required.
- Ability to work with small teams to solve complex
- A drive to succeed and a passion to solve difficult
- Employee will telecommute from home office or work from Fulton,
MD or Austin, TX
- Works closely with software reverse engineers and research
analysts to understand their needs and develop tools to assist with
the creation of detection content.
- Extremely talented and experienced team members and
Keywords: Cisco Systems, Inc., Baltimore , Senior Vulnerability Researcher, Other , Fulton, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!