Senior Technology Product Manager
Company: Wolters Kluwer
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Senior Product Manager is a highly motivated individual that
leads the definition and execution of our product roadmap(s). This
role works closely with a cross-functional team including
technology, strategy, marketing, legal, support, and finance with a
primary focus of business value delivery to customers.
The candidate needs to be passionate about delivering great
customer experiences, managing in a matrixed environment, have a
strong understanding of the underlying technology, as well as
trends in the financial services market including commercial,
consumer and/or mortgage loan origination and servicing. As Voice
of the Product, the role provides many opportunities for both
internal organization and external customer interactions to develop
and execute strategy.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the strategic development, ongoing refinement,
prioritization and execution of product roadmap(s)
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure product releases are
delivered in alignment with customer need and established
- Collaborate with cross functional team to manage the creation
and execution of a comprehensive go-to-market strategy
- Work closely with Product Development organization to implement
defined technical strategy and provide technical market input in
support of the product strategy
- Partner with sales and services organizations to drive customer
adoption of new offering as well as maintaining existing customer
- Manage overall Voice of Customer (VOC) processes. This includes
but not limited to; leading customer advisory group meetings,
leading interactive user group sessions, conducting customer usage
surveys, facilitating individual and/or group customer interviews
and leveraging known or existing usage patterns of current
applications. Provide leadership and oversight to UX/UI processes
including providing clear vision, use cases, workflows,
wire-frames, designs and product requirements
- Partner with customer support team to ensure customer issues
are resolved and issues are considered in roadmap prioritization
- Serve as a product expert, understands the domain/market, user
personas and end user workflows to prioritize product requirements
and deliver solutions that meet user and market needs
- Manage entirety of product lifecycle from ideation through
- Manage team member performance (if applicable)
- Participates in cross functional initiatives
- Manages time and company resources appropriately.
- Proactively pursues professional development activities.
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.
Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, information technology
or related field
Preferred: Master's Degree
- Envisioning and identifying new product opportunities in a
complex and highly competitive market.
- Development and launch of new and existing product lines.
- Demonstrated success running a product line P&L.
- Demonstrated leadership, vision, and a bias to action.
- Leading cross-functional groups to accomplish product and
- Defining user experience needs.
- Proven ability to create product value propositions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications; able to present
facts, data, thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise and convincing
manner to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information to make
- 5 years working within the banking or finance industry,
specifically in commercial, consumer and/or mortgage loan
origination and servicing.
- Working within a multi-division organization with various sales
- Software product delivery.
- Agile software development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to deduce highly complex business needs into consumable
outputs for customers
- New product development
- Product lifecycle
- Market research methods
- Requirements management
- Project management
- Project lifecycle
- English language
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Financial services industry knowledge, specifically related to
commercial, consumer and/or mortgage loan origination and
- Technologies required to support software product delivery,
databases, data structures and data flows.
- Agile development
- National travel for customer visits, beta site visits, sales
support, and other travel as required.
- Travel may be as low as 10% of total work time and as high as
50% of total work time.
Keywords: Wolters Kluwer, Baltimore , Senior Technology Product Manager, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!