Director of Business Development-Auto, MFG, and Aerospace Vertical
Company: YRC Worldwide
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for developing and promoting business development
strategies to increase Corporate Account sales. Ensure business
growth strategies are met and are aligned with company sales
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent the company in corporate sales planning and
development. Identify areas of new business growth as well as
increase business with current customers.
- Negotiate contracts to ensure a sufficient profit margin is
- Develop and champion for growth specific sales verticals across
all operating companies.
- Collaborate with Pricing and Marketing to develop strategic
plans for profitable corporate revenue stream. Identify tactical
implementation plans to realize strategy and translate strategy
into plans for the Corporate Account sales team.
- Maintain knowledge of the operating company's products,
services, pricing programs and sales tools.
- Ensure thorough knowledge of the company's competitors and the
marketplace. Enhance sales development performance by keeping
abreast of industry trends.
- Create and define value for the customer by understanding their
business model, along with their specific needs and competitive
position. Engage the customer and maintain positive customer
- Monitor new corporate accounts to ensure revenue sales
objectives are achieved. Work with corporate sales team on any
issues impacting sales objectives.
- Building Organizational Talent - Establishing systems and
processes to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented
individuals; creating a work environment where people can realize
their full potential, thus allowing the organization to meet
current and future business challenges.
- Creating a Culture of Trust - Fostering a work environment that
encourages people to act with integrity and treat each other and
their ideas with respect; creating and protecting a high-trust
environment by setting an example, advocating for others in the
face of challenges, removing barriers to trust, and rewarding
others for demonstrating behaviors that cultivate trust.
- Driving Execution - Translating strategic priorities into
operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities,
resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement
systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and
- Establishing Strategic Direction - Establishing and committing
to a long-term business direction based on an analysis of systemic
information and consideration of resources, market drivers,
organizational values, and emerging economic, technological, and
- Influencing - Using effective involvement and persuasion
strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions
that support specific work outcomes.
- Leading Change - Driving organizational and cultural changes
needed to achieve strategic objectives; catalyzing new approaches
to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems,
or products/services; helping others overcome resistance to
- Resolving Conflict - Helping others deal effectively with an
antagonistic situation to minimize damage to the relationships and
promote shared goals; using appropriate interpersonal methods to
reduce tension or conflict between two or more people and
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Seven (7) years sales experience.
- Sales experience in transportation, logistics or a related
business or activity with a clear understanding of multiple modes
and service within the transportation/logistics industry.
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices in
- Demonstrated effective and creative problem solving,
quantitative analysis, interpersonal and written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to conduct group presentations as well as
communicate effectively with peers, senior management and
- Minimum 50% travel.
- Corporate sales experience in transportation industry with
three (3) years in management.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors.
Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or
standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to
perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional
lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected
Keywords: YRC Worldwide, Baltimore , Director of Business Development-Auto, MFG, and Aerospace Vertical, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!