COVID-19 Precaution: Virtual Interviews
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and
helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because
the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we
will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting
interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide
candidates selected for interviews with all the required
instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service
architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm
is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid
modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and
fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project
services-from consulting, design and implementation to construction
management, commissioning and operations/maintenance-with an
emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private
sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution,
industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By
upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees,
and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to
grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality - We provide high-quality deliverables and services
through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and
Accountability - Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of
professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People - We value diverse perspectives, encourage
professional growth, and are committed to providing a work
community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but
Our Clients - We deliver value and exceed our clients'
expectations through outstanding customer service, personal
accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation - Since 1891, we have invested in the people,
training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a
constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact - We make a positive impact in the communities
where we work and live.
This position will offer you the ability to apply and expand
your knowledge of transmission line engineering including,
conductors, hardware, insulation, structures, foundations and
electrical principles to:
- Design transmission lines in the 69kV to 500kV range.
- Responsibility for cost analyses, development of design
criteria, routing and siting of transmission lines.
- Responsibility for conductor selection studies, shielding,
grounding and induction studies.
- Work with vendors and clients to specify transmission line
- Direct a small project team.
The position will also offer you the opportunity to:
- Work with experienced engineers and mentor less experienced
- Work with a diverse client base and interact with the client
and other project teams
- Occasional travel for site visits and client meetings
- Develop proposals and cost estimates for new work
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S.
for this position.
Essential Skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSCE or BSEE from an ABET-accredited
- Proficiency with PLS-CADD software to able to review
transmission line models
- 5 or more years of experience as a member of a project team in
observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse
transmission assignments that have included the following:
transmission line design incorporating code requirements, cost
estimate development, schedule creation and coordination, the
preparation of specifications for procurement of transmission line
materials and construction, and liaising with construction and
- Knowledge to verify/review right of way requirements, conductor
sags/tensions, transmission line plan and profile drawings and
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved
in the production of technical plans, drawings, and models
- Experience in writing and providing support documentation for
- Familiarity with design codes and standards such as NESC, IEC,
CSA, IEEE, ANSI, IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, and ACI 318
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: PLS-TOWER,
SAG10, LPILE, MFAD, ArcGIS, CDEGS, AutoCAD, MicroStation.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Current PE license
- Experience in developing engineering proposals and cost
- Experience with scheduling
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by