ShopRite - Salad Bar Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while providing
attentive, friendly, knowledgeable service and answering Customer
questions; to maintain department conditions and safe handling
during the preparation of products sold in the Salad Bar.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, and understand the
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine
- Ability to operate equipment as required by department (i.e.
knives, scale, can opener).
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of these functions requires the Associate to possess
the minimum qualifications listed above. The essential functions of
this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain appropriate bar and display conditions by filling,
cleaning, straightening, culling and rotating product.
- Greet Customers and provide them samples as requested.
- Prepare product with proper washing, cutting, peeling and
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Check to ensure that proper temperatures are maintained in the
display case, and in all storage areas. Check refrigeration
equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failure
- Follow approved procedures for receiving and storing product to
ensure quality protection and product rotation.
- Handle damaged and unsaleable product according to Company
- Maintain signage on all items to alert Customers to product
choices, price, allergens and ingredients.
- Maintain supply area, including utensils, packaging and
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Produce operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized, and safe work
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to department that
weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating,
preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking
products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to Produce Department operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which
may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Baltimore , ShopRite - Salad Bar Clerk, Other , Phoenix, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!