Sr Project Manager IT - Release Train Engineer'
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one
of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail
customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of
companies that strives for the highest standards of power
generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team
of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to
design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also
dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through
competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
About the Team:
Exelon Utilities Team Digital is looking for a highly motivated,
self-driven, open minded Release Train Engineer to facilitate Agile
Release Train processes and execution. This his role will escalate
impediments, manage risk, ensure value delivery, and drives
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) has a primary purpose of
supporting and coaching an Agile Release Train (ART) by steering it
to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software in
large, cross-functional environments. The RTE helps resolve and
escalate impediments, manages risk, helps assure value delivery,
and drives program level continuous improvement. The RTE is
accountable for the overall planning, coordination, execution, and
delivery of value through the program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Facilitate the coordinated preparation and execution of release
planning for the ART.
- Working with the ART team who prioritizes the features to be
considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle.
- Facilitating the ART team's refinement of features to be
considered in the next PI planning cycle to meet the Feature
Definition of Ready.
- Assists the ART in communication and coordination with
stakeholders and customers during feature definition and
- Ensuring effective communication and coordination for and
during quarterly planning.
- Managing change to the ART's PI plan and the impacts of those
- Drive cross team, ART, and departmental impediments, planning,
collaboration, and coordination.
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and
stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and
- Understand, visualize, and manage upstream/downstream
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback
and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of
- Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously
- Manage program level coordination, such as creating timelines,
milestones, and cadence of increments and releases and oversee the
development of reports and analyses that document program
- Lead project teams and provide leadership; act as
consultant/coach to management in resolving unusually difficult
- Participate with management and cross-functional teams as
subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and
procedures related to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and be an
advocate in adopting Agile and SAFe best practices and
- Constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in
larger Agile community.
- Support the configuration of SAFe to the needs of the
organization, standardizing and documenting practices.
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Informational Systems
or Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited
University and 5 - 8 years project management or related
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or PMP
- Demonstrated Release Train Engineer experience in organizing,
planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through
- Experience coordinating multiple teams in a technology
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
for the purpose of providing and explaining technical and project
related information to clients, vendors, senior management and
- Ability to easily build new relationships and proactively
establish a variety of contacts across the organization.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural
- Broad range of program management and leadership skills
- Proven ability to balance concurrent activities.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an
- Master's degree in Project Management, Informational Systems or
Computer Science (or advanced technical degree) or Business
- Certified SAFe Release Train Engineer or a Certified SAFe
- Demonstrated experience managing System Integrators to
successfully deliver projects
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and
employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Exelon, Baltimore , Sr Project Manager IT - Release Train Engineer', Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!