Outpatient Therapist- PT
Company: Pressley Ridge
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
Delivery of Services
- Provide individual and family therapy in a culturally sensitive
manner with adherence to professional Code of Ethics, as
recommended by treatment team. Caseload size is determined by
Program Director. Number of sessions with youth and/or family
depends on need and program procedures.
- Complete clinical evaluations and assessments for youth and
families within program timelines as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in treatment planning for youth and family by
advocating for specific needs, providing information regarding
youth progress in therapy, and providing education on various
issues. Treatment planning activities include treatment team
meetings, case review meetings, family meetings, etc.
- Be available to staff for consultation with assessment,
treatment issues, and crisis via pager. Share on call coverage as
per program procedure.
- Assist with development and implementation of Behavior
Management, Contracts, Supportive Counseling Plans, Group
Management Systems, Individualized Interventions, etc
- Assure the implementation of best practice standards as
developed by the service lines
- Counseling Skills: Practices attentive and active listening; is
aware of and uses body language effectively; has basic knowledge of
the theory and practice of counseling; initiates steps to work on
professional growth in order to constantly learn about and improve
upon counseling skills; stays abreast of current and innovative
counseling interventions; is open to supervision and guidance
regarding how to provide individualized counseling services based
on the needs of the families and children.
- Interpersonal Skills: Builds positive and productive
relationships with a diverse population; establishes and maintains
appropriate rapport with supervisors, consumer family members and
colleagues inside and outside the organization
- Clinical Judgment: Has working knowledge of a variety of
individual, family and group therapy interventions with an
understanding of group and family dynamics. Possess sound clinical
judgment as well as crisis intervention and problem solving
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated competency in understanding
cultural differences and applying cultural sensitive approaches to
- Professional Development: Attends relevant training and
enrichment courses to assure ability or remain current with
Physical Demands- Requires vision, speech, and hearing. Position
allows employee to move about freely or sit at will when performing
job duties. Must be able to meet the demands and complete
Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI).
Environmental Factors- Office, school, home, community
Working Hours- Non-traditional hours as determined by the
Keywords: Pressley Ridge, Baltimore , Outpatient Therapist- PT, Other , Greenbelt, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!