The Full-Time Packer position is responsible for constructing
boxes and packing them full of products you already know and love.
A key component of PepsiCo's success, Frito-Lay has been making the
very best snacks for over 80 years. Classic Lay's, Cheetos, and
Doritos are just a few of the products that you would be packing in
one of our manufacturing facilities. Although you will start out
working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career
opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo.
Work hours average between 40 and 50 hours per week, mainly in
the evening and many shifts work overnight. It takes teamwork for a
facility to run smoothly, so you can expect to work weekends and
holidays with the rest of the crew. We also offer unbeatable
benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement
savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution,
vacation days and much more.
If you have never worked in a warehouse environment before, you
are welcome to apply. What you can expect is to be working on your
feet for the entirety of your shift near heavy machinery in a loud
manufacturing environment. Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are
also large. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability
to control the temperature is limited. Indoor warehouse working
conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
Our team has a reputation for speed and we obsess over numbers.
We measure nearly every activity that occurs on the manufacturing
floor. This is because we are constantly trying to better
Here is a list of some of the more frequent tasks you could
expect to perform during the course of the workday:
- You will construct boxes and pack them with Frito-Lay products,
either manually or with the help of automated machines.
- You will perform frequent quality checks, such as making sure
labels are correct.
- You will maintain a clean and safe work area (safety is
- You will clean and sanitize lines during changeovers from one
product to another.
- You will be setting up lines during a changeover process, such
as when we switch from making Cool Ranch Doritos to Nacho Cheese
Doritos. Your role might include placing stickers and wiping down
machines and making minor adjustments to machinery.
- You will also be pushing waste totes from our production area
to a compactor, securing it with a latch, and rolling them back to
our production floor.
- Reworking products is another task you will do daily: the team
takes any product that does not meet our quality standards and puts
them off to the side.
- You will review our production schedule daily. How many boxes
will you need? As a Packer, understanding the production schedule
and planning for your shift is important.
- You will troubleshoot minor mechanical issues.
If you have never worked in a manufacturing environment before,
please know that this position involves repetitively moving the
arms and torso while continually standing for many hours. Packers
are expected to stay on the line until someone relieves you for
Whether you are experienced or not, please be sure that you meet
the following minimum requirements:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch
for extended periods with or without a reasonable
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle
products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You will regularly wear a hairnet, safety glasses, bump cap,
and steel-toed shoes for the duration of your work day.
People often ask what kind of characteristics will make them
successful in this position. Do you think you have what it takes to
perform at our level? Here is an idea of what managers are looking
- High Energy: have you ever wished that your coworkers moved as
quickly as you do? At Frito-Lay, you will find yourself surrounded
by a team that motivates one another to work at a fast pace with a
laser focus on the task at hand.
- Detail Oriented: you make a conscious effort to review
expiration dates, and use correct boxes and labels to ensure high
- Problem solving: from time to time, you will troubleshoot minor
- Work Ethic: we expect you to stay focused on your assigned job
tasks. We closely track performance and efficiency throughout work
shifts because your performance helps the team achieve overall
- Teamwork: we are dependable and accountable to one another
because of our shared passion to attain targets and goals. Offering
help to others, especially during changeovers, without being asked
to do so is expected at Frito-Lay.
- Flexibility: we look out for one another on the warehouse floor
by being flexible. You might be asked to go to a different area and
work on a different set of job tasks.
Does this sound like you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay
associates across the country that work hard to bring you the
snacks you love by submitting your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority /
Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other
applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police
Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the
Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please download the available  EEO is
the Law &  EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View  PepsiCo
Please view our  Pay Transparency Statement.