Diesel Mechanic/ Trailer Mechanic
Company: Bulkmatic Transport
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Bulkmatic Transport Company is seeking a full-time Diesel
Mechanic/ Trailer Mechanic for our York, PA location.
The open position is on 2nd Shift; Hours: 11 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. OR
12 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
As a mechanic for Bulkmatic, you will perform maintenance
(scheduled and unscheduled) on company owned tractors and
trailers,and other equipment as needed / necessary.
This position pays Up to $30 per Hour.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Tractor repairs
- Trailer repairs
- Support equipment repairs
- Inspections (scheduled / unscheduled / DOT)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform inspections on company owned equipment
- Sign off on DOT inspections
- Perform DOT brake inspections and repairs (air brakes)
- Repair air conditioning systems as needed
- Charge parts out into the company's computer system
- Read, troubleshoot, and repair electronic diesel engines
- Read and understand equipment electrical circuits and
- Troubleshoot and repair air brake systems
- Be familiar with DOT out-of-service criteria
- Know how to operate a torque wrench
- Safely operate shop supplied heavy duty tools
- Safely drive company owned equipment
- One year ofexperience in the operation and repair of tractor
(class 8), and trailers (air brakes) inspection / repairs within a
fleet, state, or federal (including Armed Forces) shop environment
is preferred. Two year degree with a leading technical college in
the repair of diesel engines is preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full time
employees including paid vacation and holidays, Medical, Dental and
Vision insurance, 401k with employer match, and life insurance
among other benefits.
Keywords: Bulkmatic Transport, Baltimore , Diesel Mechanic/ Trailer Mechanic, Other , York, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!