GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
To negotiate contracts with customers and execute and comply
with all stated contractual and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for contract negotiations of new awards, and
associated change orders.
- Acts as Gichner Shelter Systems agent in signing
- Responsible for the management of complex contract/subcontracts
from award through closing.
- Act as facilitator in internal and external meetings.
- Provides contract direction to internal functional areas.
- Responsible for correspondence with the customer regarding all
contractual issues, and resolving open issues.
- Responsible for submittal and tracking of contract reports and
- Directs invoicing of contract data items and milestone
- Responsible for contract close-out.
- Initiates warranties and claims investigation.
Other Job Functions
Other duties may be assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as
required by government standards.
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when
Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: BA/BS in business discipline and/or JD.
Desired experience: Minimum ten years contracts experience to
include negotiation, administration and compliance with Federal DoD
prime/subcontracts in the defense or aerospace industry.
Candidate must be well versed in government regulations
(FAR/DFAR/ITAR), export regulation contract structure and
preparation of agreements. Requires strong negotiation skills,
superior interpersonal skills and outstanding communication skills.
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key,
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Ability to follow standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.