Information System Security Engineer II (ISSE II)
Location: Annapolis Junction
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title: Information System Security Engineer II (ISSE II)
Location(s): Annapolis Junction, MD Hours: Regular Full-Time
This position requires a current and active TS/ SCI with Poly at
the time of application.
What you will be doing:
- Review technical security assessments for computing
environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance
with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and
regulations and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions
and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security
systems and system components including those for networking,
computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple
enclaves and differing data protection/classification
- Building IA into systems deployed to operational
- Assists architects and system developers in the identification
and implementation of appropriate information security
functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security
policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of security architectures.
- Enforce the design and implementations of trusted relationships
among external systems and architectures.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout
the program life cycle.
- Contributes to security planning, assessment, risk analysis,
risk management, certification and awareness activities for systems
and networking operations.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A)
documentations, providing feedback on completeness and compliance
- Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of
the following to: systems security design process/ engineering life
cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off
the shelf and government off the shelf cryptography;
identification; authentications; and authorization; system
integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency
planning; incident handling; configuration control; change
management; auditing certification and accreditation process;
principles of IA and security testing.
- Support security authorization activities in compliance with
NSA/CAA Information System Certification and Accreditation Process
(NISCAP) and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), the NIST Risk
Management Framework (RMF) process and prescribed NS/CSS business
processes for security engineering.
- Fourteen (14) years experience as an ISSE on programs and
contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance,
Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from
an accredited college or university.
- 4 years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelors
- DoD 8570 compliance IASAE Level 2
CISSP (or Associate)
- CISSP Certification is required
At JASINT we are proud to boast a together we can attitude. That
is only possible with a strong talented team. Our goal is to answer
the call to provide top mission and Warfighter support at all
levels and thats why we are seeking you!
We understand and respect the dedication and sacrifice that is
required to serve our nations greatest efforts, and our commitment
in turn is to support YOU!
JASINT cares about your work life balance and offers competitive
benefits to help you at every stage of your personal and
professional life: Retirement/401k, health, dental, vision,
flexible spending accounts, (HSA/FSA), STD/LTD, professional
development, tuition reimbursement, spot award recognition, PTO,
Holidayseven an additional day off for your birthday.
- JASINT offers both internal and external referral bonuses for
all cleared exceptional talent we hire! Friends of yours, are
friends of JASINT!*
JASINT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital
status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of
genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment
opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: JASINT, Baltimore , Information System Security Engineer II (ISSE II), Other , Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!