R20035957_3 - Lead Business Transformation Analyst-Life Insurance
Company: TransAmerica Life Insurance Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary
Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the
future for more than 100 years, and we're proud of the trust we've
earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance,
investments, and retirement accounts. We're also in the business of
helping people improve their financial and personal well-being, so
they can add more years to their lives, and more life to their
What You Will Do: Directs strategic objectives through
partnership with business, technology, and project teams to drive
Operations transformation initiatives. Aligns focus, efforts and
objectives to a higher organizational strategy and applies those
strategies to team and individual activities.
What Success Looks Like:
- Represent Transamerica as a business expert both internally and
with external parties with an emphasis in understanding and
managing the implementation of digital business solutions and
requirements to deliver capabilities across the insurance value
- Manage sprint scope, planning, and execution driving successful
implementations within the Transamerica architecture as well as,
dependent and integrated environments with third party
administrators and/or distribution partners.
- Design user stories, business requirements, business process
flows, wireframes, data requirements, and other artifacts core to
insurance process execution and stakeholder experience and
implement including user testing in partnership with Transamerica
Technology and / or external technical vendors.
- Translate business needs into system requirements
documentation; provide information to end users in an
- Encourage and facilitate pods of subject matter experts and
stakeholders who are focused on positive outcomes and relationships
across the organization.
- Serve as a point of contact for escalation issues from the
third party; help manage the daily monitoring of activity with
business and third party.
- Develop the business case for proposed solutions, including
identification of the need, research of the business benefits, the
development of proposed solutions and impacts, and related data
analysis relative to the business solution, business need or
- Research and collaborate with stakeholders to uncover factors
that may impact business solutions.
- Conduct gap analysis of the future state vs. current state and
- Create cost benefit analysis to support recommendations.
- Develop and direct project or program roadmaps and solution
rollout strategy, across all business areas.
- Develop a communication plan and present targeted messages to
- Provide opportunities for knowledge transfer through training
and development of others in areas such as operational excellence
and productivity improvement.
- May lead a team of individuals, including hiring and staff
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field or equivalent
- Eight years of experience related to business process analysis,
business analysis, project management, performance benchmarking,
metrics, change management, operational transformation, or
- Two years of management experience.
- Broad knowledge of business operations and in-depth knowledge
of three or more of the following key areas: claims, customer
service, new business, premiums/billing, Life Insurance product,
- Communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with
business, technology and project teams.
- Writing skills to develop communication materials and report
research findings in a compelling way.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Technical aptitude to identify and document system
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to push past face value of obstacles and explore
solutions from stakeholder or system perspectives.
- PC proficiency in MS Office.
- Experience working on large scale projects within Operations or
- FLMI designation.
- Change Management or Lean certification.
- Office environment.
- Moderate travel.
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a
good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant
to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay
Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful
Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful
candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from
Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not
necessarily receive the same compensation.
The salary rate for this position generally ranges between
$85,000 - $140,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential
employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations
permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated
amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule
This position is also typically eligible for Annual Bonus based
on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company
Discretion at a rate of 15%.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It's our passion to
empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their
lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account
balance and a healthy body to match. As you'll come to discover,
Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package;
Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition
Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Employee Discounts, Career
Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored
holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and
reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program,
Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program,
Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs,
Employee Recognition Program
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value
differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals
and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work
Keywords: TransAmerica Life Insurance Company, Baltimore , R20035957_3 - Lead Business Transformation Analyst-Life Insurance, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!