Steward, Heavy Duty NT Cleaner - Orchid - Maryland
Company: Maryland Live Casino
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
The primary function of the Heavy Duty Night Cleaner is to do
heavy duty cleaning of the operation in all food and beverage areas
after hours. Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in
our Food and Beverage production prevents products from becoming
contaminated with toxins or bacteria.
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while
maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through
creating a worry free, carefree experience.
Fast: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet
service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye
contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns.
Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both
for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform duties as a Kitchen Worker and Stove Cleaner as
- Clean designated equipment, sinks, refrigerators/freezers,
service areas, walls, floors, floors, and
Kitchen/Cafeteria/Dumpster/Compactor areas as assigned, following
all sanitation requirements.
- Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Stock kitchen lines, restaurant service areas and buffet line
with designated cleaned wares, utensils and equipment.
- Transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all department
policies, procedures and standards.
- Retain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization
of assigned work areas.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according
to OSHA regulations and casino requirements.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in
accordance with specifications.
- Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed equipment
and areas; re-clean items not meeting standards.
- Store cleaned equipment in designated areas.
- Monitor usage of chemicals to maximize consumption.
- Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal
and grease traps.
- Continue cleanliness and organization of work areas throughout
- Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean
various floor surfaces (brooms, mops, stripper, buffer, etc.).
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage
closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors;
remove items which do not belong and place in the correct
- Clean garbage compactor and other areas assigned.
- Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to
- Adhere to all health department, sanitization and safety
regulations as required.
- Organize and restock work areas for next shift.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to use chemicals and equipment; no skin
- Knowledge of OSHA standards/guidelines.
- Ability to read and write basic instructions.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Zero (0) to six (6) month's food service experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as
determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for
- Ability to work long hours.
- Ability to stand for long periods of times without sitting or
- Ability to handle multi-tasking heavy work-exerting up to 50
pounds of force occasionally, and up to 30 pounds of force
frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise
- Ability to climb, bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body
and arms, work under variable temperatures and noise levels.
- Ability to use near vision, see details at close range.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and
entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees.
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights,
and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
Keywords: Maryland Live Casino, Baltimore , Steward, Heavy Duty NT Cleaner - Orchid - Maryland, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!