The Patient Service rep (CP&A) will perform basic medical
front office duties. Will be responsible to greet patients and
visitors, schedule appointments, provide administrative support,
gather demographics, verify insurance eligibility, collect copay,
deductibles, balances, check credit balances and maintain patient
electronic health records (EHR). Process specialty referrals and
assist in training new staff. Perform everyday duties under close
supervision. Seeking a bilingual Spanish speaker (preferred).
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year Medical office/business office setting (Preferred)
Basic math skills.
Basic knowledge of office procedures.
Basic knowledge of medical terminology .
Knowledge of patient financials & accounting.
Knowledge of insurance verification.
Knowledge of scheduling appointments.
Great communication and customer service skills.
Ability to follow precise procedures and is detail-oriented.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Patient Services Account
- Review, verify , update and perform all other patient account
information and duties at every visit as defined in the training
- Collect appropriate copays, deductibles, and balances; use
credit balances when applicable and document all financial
transactions in the EHR; collect and process administrative charges
Patient Services Scheduling
- Ensure complete patient registration by parent/guardian and
populate all required registration fields in the EHR.
- Verify patient insurance eligibility and coverage prior to
- Ensure the schedule is accurate and up to date (Ex: check-in,
check-out, and no shows).
- Schedule patient appointments accordingly based on the
- Process patient referrals according to the Referral loop and
Office Support and Administration
- Answer phones and handle calls promptly and accordingly.
- Give and obtain accurate and pertinent information to and from
- Ensure all patient related communications are as defined by the
- Scan appropriate documents into a patient's chart in a timely
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail and documents; maintain office
to ensure a clean and organized environment.
- Attend meetings as required, and participate in committees as
- Participate in professional development activities
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until
needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others' ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for
decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think,
Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance