Nurse Unit Manager (Memory Care Unit) - Sign on Bonus $10,000
Company: Associated Catholic Charities
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Apply Now!! Sign-On Bonus - $10,000!
Catholic Charities, the largest private non-profit provider of
human services in Maryland, has a diverse, equitable and inclusive
environment of 2,000 employees. We serve children and families,
people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual
disabilities, the immigrant community, and seniors. Year after year
named as a Baltimore Top Workplace, we offer great benefits,
generous paid time off, and provide career opportunities where you
can make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we
fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach and work for justice.
We are currently looking for a Nurse Manager for the Memory Care
Unit at St. Elizabeth Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center.
- Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 3:30pm
The Neighborhoods at St. Elizabeth provides a comprehensive
array of individualized rehab and nursing services to seniors in
the Baltimore area. Our nurses are responsible for providing
quality nursing care to all residents. Primary responsibilities
include administering direct nursing care to our residents,
administration of medications, and performing Clinical
This position will require the following:
- Functions as a neighborhood clinical coordinator
- Supports person centered care to enhance the quality of life
for the elders within the neighborhood
- Facilitates teamwork by working cooperatively with others to
get the job done
- Accepts responsibility for the care and appropriate use of
- Identifies areas of potential growth within the
- Demonstrates the ability to empower team members
- Makes daily rounds to ensure elder care is delivered in
accordance with acceptable nursing practice, facility procedures
and the care plan.
- Reviews reports in timely completion, elder MDS assessments,
care plans and incident reports & concerns with follow-up action as
- Review elder's paperwork who are admitted and compares
physician orders with each elder's plan of care to assure
appropriate implementation of the physician's plan of care.
- Collaborates with the neighborhood guide to ensure care plans
are updated and reflect
- Consults with neighborhood guide daily to discuss any elder
changes or clinical issues.
- Audits/Maintains compliance reports with poc monthly/quarterly
assessments and physician's orders.
- Assist with orientation, evaluation and coaching of team
members and recommend personnel action to the neighborhood guide as
necessary with consultation from Human Resources.
- Maintains accurate infection control, elder roster /matrix,
census and condition report.
- Consistently work cooperatively with administration, all
nursing service employees, physicians, community agencies, elders,
families and consultants.
- Accept assigned duties in a cooperative and positive
- Develops and maintains systems ensuring communication,
policies, procedures, etc. to nursing team members.
- Collect and analyze performance improvement reports and present
to the Quality Assurance and Improvement Committee with a request
- Collaborates with other nurses assuring completeness and
accuracy of documentation, including follow-up on clinical issues,
labs, pharmacy, tests, etc.
- Participates in on-call rotation with nursing
- Acts as Charge Nurse as necessary.
- Coordinates performance improvement and initiates corrective
measures when problems identified.
This position will require the following:
- Active Maryland RN license
- Minimum three years experience with long term care, dementia
and/or one year acute care experience required.
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet the ever-changing
needs of our employees including but not limited to:
- Vacation/sick/holiday pay
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a discretionary employer
Join Catholic Charities of Baltimore where you will be an
important member of an trauma-informed care organization that
promotes a culture of safety, empowerment, healing and self-care,
and that believes that every person has infinite worth and
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer
Keywords: Associated Catholic Charities, Baltimore , Nurse Unit Manager (Memory Care Unit) - Sign on Bonus $10,000, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!