Company: Becht Engineering Co., Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Mechanical Design Engineer
Becht Engineering BT, Inc. (Becht BT) is currently looking for a
Mid-Level Mechanical Engineer with 7-12+ years experience in HVAC,
Plumbing and/or Fire Protection design for all building types to
join our team in Woodstock Maryland. The ideal candidate is a an
early-career engineer who has developed their design skills on a
wide range of projects and is now ready to step out from under the
wing of their mentors and be the lead mechanical designer on
projects, as well as begin taking on Project Management
A bit more about Becht BT:
Becht BT is made up of Mechanical, Electrical and Structural
Engineers, Project Managers, Construction Inspectors and a talented
administrative support team. Our technical staff provides
engineering design for all facility types including but not limited
to commercial, industrial, healthcare, religious institutions,
educational, labs, cleanrooms, and airports. We have offices in
Basking Ridge NJ, Point Pleasant Beach NJ, Woodstock MD, and Dedham
MA, however we do business and hold professional licenses in
numerous other states.
Our office culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We
really enjoy what we do, and are very good at our jobs. We value
people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on
those around them. We are looking for other like-minded individuals
that get excited at the prospect of upgrading a large chiller
plant, or figuring out how to bring an old buildings systems into
the 21st century in terms of energy efficiency and controllability,
while still retaining the buildings architectural character. If the
phrase elegant design solution resonates with you, then you are our
kind of engineer! We offer competitive benefits, compensation, and
We believe strongly in fostering an environment of personal and
professional growth. Our management and senior staff take very
seriously our responsibility to mentor and train engineers at all
levels of their development in order to expand their knowledge and
help them advance in their careers and be successful. We achieve
our greatest success by helping you be successful. We offer
competitive benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities.
Candidates will have some or all of the following
- PE License Preferred or willingness to obtain PE.
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Mechanical or Architectural
Engineering from an ABET EAC Accredited Program (Engineering
Accreditation Commission). A technical degree and strong relevant
experience may commensurate for bachelors degree.
- 7-10+ years of relevant professional experience in mechanical
(HVAC, Plumbing and/or Sprinkler) building design
- Experience with AutoCAD MEP on similar projects is
- Revit experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the International Building Code, International
Mechanical Code, International Plumbing Code, ASHRAE 62.1 and
ASHRAE 90.1 required.
- Knowledge of Trane Trace, Carrier HAP or other HVAC load
calculation/modeling software preferred.
- Knowledge of eQuest or other DOE2-based whole building energy
modeling software is a plus.
- Passion for sustainability
- Knowledge of the LEED certification process (LEED Accreditation
is a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
Power Point, Outlook)
- Extensive design experience in some or all of the following
project types: education, civic/government, financial services,
retail, office, interior renovation, high tech/R&D, mission
critical/data centers, restaurant, grocery, telecommunication
centers, sports & entertainment facilities and healthcare.
- Creativity and a passion for problem-solving and critical
thinking. Able to collaborate in a team setting.
- US Drivers license is required. Ability to climb ladders,
stairs, and access job site areas that are relevant to each client
Job Responsibilities also include:
- Perform site surveys to document existing system configurations
- Develop building energy models for calculation of building
heating and cooling loads, as well as evaluation of design
alternatives and potential Energy Conservation Measures
- Prepare existing system descriptions, narratives of proposed
design alternatives, ECMs, code interpretations and other similar
- Prepare or direct preparation of mechanical, plumbing and fire
protection system layouts, detailed drawings, schematics, and
specifications while exercising judgment in design
- Design HVAC systems for a wide array of building
- Prepare engineering deliverables and drawings including
presentation materials, calculations, construction documents,
specifications, design analysis and project completion
- Provide technical information and assistance to Project Manager
and Division Manager.
- Make recommendations as to the feasibility of certain systems
or equipment, and evaluates products for their application
- Provide guidance and assistance in training of junior engineers
- Assist in final plan checking
- Check shop drawings for conformance to plans and
- Respond to code comments and resolves permit issues with code
- Assist in resolving construction conflicts and answers
questions from contractors and bidders
- Evaluate and specify mechanical products and their appropriate
application on the assigned project
- Provide in-field or on-site surveys and inspections and draft
subsequent site report
- Ensure the installation of the designed systems meets the plans
and specifications of the original design and the expectations of
- Assist other engineers and designers within other engineering
disciplines to successfully integrate multiple disciplines into
- Attend preliminary job meetings with clients (owners and/or
architects) to evaluate scope of work to be performed on proposed
or assigned project(s) and assist the Division Manager in preparing
- Attend construction meetings with clients (owners, contractors
and/or architects) to assist in coordination of Construction
- Manage projects to include project schedules and coordination
of project work
To be considered for this opportunity, submit a cover letter
including salary requirements, resume, and previous relevant work
Becht BT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Becht Engineering Co., Inc., Baltimore , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Woodstock, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!