Baltimore - Road Supervisor
Company: FirstGroup plc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
First Transit is a leading provider of passenger transportation,
contract and management services, and operations management
consulting for locations across the United States and Canada.
Because we employ a diverse group of highly successful individuals,
we are able to safely and efficiently carry over 160 million
passengers each year!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and
401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick
- A great work environment.
Job Purpose: Serves as First Line supervisors for Drivers,
customer response, driver field evaluation and accident
- Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to
- Takes responsibility for day to day scheduling, counseling and
evaluation reports to local management.
- Conducts on-the-scene accident investigation; assists drivers
in preparing accident reports, OSHA reports and safety violations
- Designs and delivers driver training and safety courses; trains
new drivers and retrains those involved in accidents.
- Observes drivers on the road and corrects safety problems on
the scene while documenting violations.
- Liaisons between drivers and both clients and organization in
customer service issues.
- Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance, as well
as compliance in legal, employment and labor policy matters.
- Assists Safety Manager with DOT/FTA compliance regarding drug
testing and recordkeeping.
- Assists in dispatching, driving, interviewing, and
miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed.
- Meets all driver qualifications at location.
- Obtains a CDL required to operate vehicles at location,
maintains that license, and drives route periodically.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education & Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Experience & Skills Required:
- Supervisory experience with hourly employees, with 2-3 years of
transit supervisory experience preferred
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Excellent verbal, written and relational communication skills,
with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials and general public; fluent in
- Human resources and training experience
- Work extended hours regularly, including Saturday
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as
Apply today to join our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: FirstGroup plc, Baltimore , Baltimore - Road Supervisor, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!