Cabling Technician CT2 (Government)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure,
IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional
services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to
recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing
workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our
shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
RIS I is the delivery of regional IT services to the end user.
We offer support of end user devices including desktop, workplace
peripherals, and voice and video devices. We support local and
campus area networks, including wireless and cable plant.
AT&T has an opening for a Cable Technician - To work under
general supervision, and may provide leadership and training to and
other technicians assigned to install, repair and/or testing of
voice, data, and audio visual infrastructures.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Communicates regularly with the customers, Cabling Group
Manager, and/or Cabling Supervisor, to stay abreast of changes in
work task and deadlines.
- Coordinates the day-to-day work assignments and scheduling of
junior crewmembers, which may consist of temp labor and
- Interacts with the client, contractors and vendors on the job
- Creates a positive work environment on the job site at all
- Verifies work hours of crewmembers on a daily basis.
- Delegates work tasks to junior crewmembers and verifies that
work delegated is being completed within a reasonable amount of
time and with quality.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Helps maintain a safe work environment for all crew members by
abiding by the Company's commitment to provide every employee with
a safe and healthy work environment.
- May work and direct a crew of 2 to 4 technicians and helpers
while under the supervision of a Cabling Manager or Cabling
- Ability to work independently or with other Cabling Service
Technicians performing service calls, completing.
- adds, moves and changes. Updating customer prints and
documentation as required.
- Completes work orders, material transfer forms, and other
documentation required by the company.
- Furthers oneself though on-going education: either corporate or
Required Clearance: Candidate must be clearable
Required Qualifications: Must have a High School Diploma/GED and
a minimum of ten (10) years technical experience in commonly used
installation, termination, testing procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of associated hardware, equipment and specifications
as they pertain to Network Topologies and/or Telecommunication
- Provide team leadership, In-Depth knowledge of termination
equipment, methodologies, and splicing techniques.
- Areas of knowledge must also include: Cable termination,
testing, cable rack preparation, layout and installation, and
- Physical ability to lift 50 pounds,
Desired Qualifications: 8570 Certification
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2109465 Date posted 05/16/2021
Keywords: AT&T, Baltimore , Cabling Technician CT2 (Government), Other , Columbia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!