ABL Business Development Officer (North)
Company: Union First Market Bank
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The ABL Business Development Officer (North) assumes the overall
responsibility, development and management of their borrowing and
non-borrowing portfolio. The Relationship Manager is responsible
for marketing a range of products and services to medium and large
commercial clients and services and originates most challenging and
complex C & I loans. Manages and develops a portfolio of complex
commercial relationships and ensures retention of total client
assets, credit quality and net growth in relationships. The
Relationship Manager will play a vital role in the growth and
development of the commercial banking portfolio and market share.
Primary focus will be to profile and sell/cross-sell commercial
products to our existing client base, as well as prospects. The
Relationship Manager will build deposits, loans, fee income and
refer appropriate customers and prospects to business partners.
- Work closely with internal partners to facilitate the
development of new business relationships as well as develop
prospects through lead lists and Centers of Influence (COI).
Responsible for retaining and expanding existing customer
- Develop and maintain a quality loan portfolio with an emphasis
on companies with revenues between $20 - $150 million, obtaining
deposits and cross-selling other Bank products and services along
with building strong customer relationships.
- Prepare correspondence, commitment letters, loan memorandums
and associated documents as required.
- Monitor loan portfolio and maintain updated financial
- Expand existing knowledge base of commercial and other products
and services, including loan policy, documentation, structuring and
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each
client relationship is in compliance with established credit
policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and
- Identify and successfully capitalize on cross-sell
opportunities and makes appropriate referrals.
- Execute a call program to acquire, retain and expand existing
- Maintain pipeline of existing relationships and new
- Collect and maintain financial information on borrowers and
interact with customers to ensure that all banking needs are being
- Assist in mentoring teammates, to include credit analysis,
financial spreading and underwriting.
- Provide financial advice to customers and profitably sell
appropriate products and services to those prospects and
- Work with Treasury staff to solicit treasury services and
- Prepare correspondence, commitment letters, and loan
memorandums and associated documents as required.
- Ensure that own work is in compliance with applicable policies,
procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Participate in organizations and projects to establish referral
contacts and Centers of Influence (COI) within the community.
- Other Duties as Assigned
This position typically reports to a Team Leader, Group Leader
or Regional President.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or finance preferred
or equivalent banking experience
- Minimum 10 years of commercial banking experience and a proven
track record of generating deposit and fee income
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong credit skills
- Ability to independently manage a specialty line of lending and
complex lending structures.
- Very strong professional writing skills, can articulate a
customer's business needs succinctly and accurately in credit
- Demonstrates effective problem solving and excellent
collaboration and inter-personal communication skills.
- Possesses excellent C & I lending and product knowledge and
- Ability to make knowledgeable loan decisions based on
information supplied by the customer verified through a rigorous
underwriting process, strong ability to structure loans, strong
- Proven track record with sales and new business development in
conjunction with exceeding sales goals.
- Ability to work well in a sales driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time without
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulatory compliance related
to commercial lending.
- Proficient computer skills with a good working knowledge of
Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer,
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free
Keywords: Union First Market Bank, Baltimore , ABL Business Development Officer (North), Other , Columbia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!