Technical Product Owner
Company: Meredith Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Technical Product Owner
As Synapse Group's Technical Product Owner, you are in a
strategic product and business-oriented role, focused on delivering
world class products that enrich consumer's lives. Daily you will
work within your agile team of software engineers, both on-shore
and off-shore, to launch products into market, oversee products
already in market, and wind down products which no longer meet
You're the heart, mind, and voice of our customers, and can lead
people along a product journey by being positive and practical.
It's a sweet job facilitating cross-functional teamwork, but all
this glory does come with hard work, like making tough calls with
little information, deciding on product trade-offs, resolving
conflicts so the development team works toward a consistent goal,
and jumping in where necessary. In the end, the product team is
responsible for the outcomes.
This role reports directly to the Executive Director of Product
As our Technical Product Owner, a typical day might include the
- Attending daily scrums to synchronize activities and create a
plan with your teammates
- Hosting 6 week planning meetings and communicating the product
- Refining product specifications with software engineers, UX
designers, and business stakeholders
- Facilitating kickoff meetings with the delivery team & answer
specific questions about the acceptance criteria
- Communicating product vision to both business and technical
- Partnering with business owners to evaluate vendor solutions
from a technical perspective
- Reviewing technical designs and validating that they meet the
short and long-term vision for the product.
- Joining ad-hoc demos and providing business acceptance so the
delivery team can release when ready
- Collaborating with your fellow product owners on a new product
that's missing in our market
- Working closely with our product analysts to measure
You may be who we're looking for if you excel at:
- Product Ownership. You've been the heart, mind, and voice of
the customer for 3-7years and you're ready to take on a new
challenge with a team who loves creating products that enrich
- Having an Agile mindset. You thrive on collaboration, adding
business value, improvement and adaptability.
- Backend Products. You have experience with Order or Payment
Processing, Fulfillment or Customer Care.
- Contributing. You collaborate on the product vision and
roadmap, and product backlog.
- Communication. You can translate jargon into plain, concise,
and clear English. On the flip side, you can also translate
technical jargon into simple, concise, and clear English.
- Articulation. You define user stories, personas, and acceptance
- Ownership. Acceptance of the team's iterative work is owned by
- Translation. You enjoy translating technical requirements from
a partner or vendor into user stories.
- Data extraction. Sure, you can gather data from a nice user
interface, but you're also equipped to get down and dirty with
databases to pull the numbers you're hungry for with SQL.
- Driven. You drive goals and objectives in iterative prioritized
- People skills. You can do the job to work with business
stakeholders, software engineers, product owners, analysts,
operations, sales & account managers, UX designers, marketing,
third parties, and senior management.
- Attention to detail. Not only can you always spot Where's
Waldo, but you wrote the book on it.
Who we are:
- Learn more about who we are at synapsegroupinc.com.
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with
regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can
be made by emailing Meredith.Human.Resources@meredith.com.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm
the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired
employees. For further information about the E-Verify program,
please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Keywords: Meredith Corporation, Baltimore , Technical Product Owner, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!