Hospice Bereavement Coordinator
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we are caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you will be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you are looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and purse your goals for the future join our team.
Hospice Bereavement Coordinator
What You Will Do
Responsible for overall management of a bereavement program.
Responsibilities include the planning, implementation, maintenance,
and provision of services necessary to patients, identified
caregivers, hospice staff, and the community at large. Amedisys
bereavement services extend for the time period of the patient's
admission to hospice services until at least thirteen months after
the death of the patient.
- Coordinates initial bereavement assessments and plan of care
and delivery of anticipatory grief services (one-to-one, groups and
on-going follow-up) to ensure appropriate and timely services are
provided to family and caregivers, as reflected in the plan of
care. Provides updates to the bereavement plan of care as
- Attends Interdisciplinary Team meetings and participates in the
development of the patient/family/caregiver bereavement and
comprehensive plan of care.
- Coordinates services with the Interdisciplinary Team regarding
family/caregiver bereavement needs.
- Plans for Bereavement Program development, expansion and
refinement through annual evaluation of services.
- Provides bereavement support to hospice personnel coping with
work related grief through one-to-one counseling and referral to
- Conducts specialized bereavement training and provides
oversight for volunteers providing bereavement services.
- Keeps abreast of bereavement and grief counseling trends and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in social work, psychology, counseling,
and/or related field.
- Knowledge of grief and bereavement counseling; unde rstanding
of physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of terminally ill
patients and their caregivers.
- P astoral education with documented evidence o f training and
experience in grief therapy and bereavement counseling.
- Three (3) years' experience in family and/or
individual counseling with additional training in grief and
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Baltimore , Hospice Bereavement Coordinator, Other , Rosedale, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!