Registered in Nuclear Medicine
Technology by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board
or the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
No experience required.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist license
in the State of Maryland. CPR certification.
Knowledge, Skills &
Verbal and written communication
skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and
1. Administers radio pharmaceuticals
and observes patient during procedure. Reports any unusual
occurrences to appropriate personnel.
2. Assists in the development of
Nuclear Medicine protocols, procedures, and ongoing performance
3. Assists physician with therapy
4. Calculates, orders, prepares, and
measures radio pharmaceuticals/kits.
5. Contributes to the achievement of
established department goals and objectives and adheres to
department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety
standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation
6. Generates film or computer image and
evaluates film for technical quality.
7. Maintains orderliness and
cleanliness of work areas. Reports any unsafe or potentially unsafe
8. Maintains safe radiation practices
and completes all documentation as mandated by department,
organization, or regulatory body in relation to use of radioactive
materials. Maintains documentation regarding receipt of radio
pharmaceuticals, dosage, quality control, radioactive source
storage, and disposal of radio pharmaceuticals/ radioactive
9. Obtains blood and urine specimens
for the performance and computation of invitro tests.
10. Operates Nuclear Medicine and other
departmental equipment and performs quality control and preventive
maintenance on a regularly scheduled basis. Contacts outside
service for major malfunctions.
11. Participates in multidisciplinary
quality and service improvement teams.
12. Participates in supply/equipment
maintenance, clinical research projects, and educational program
13. Performs other duties as
14. Prepares patients, obtains patient
history, and performs Nuclear Medicine exams.