Pricing Client Service Specialist
Company: Priority Worldwide
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description: Expectations: Priority Worldwide Services is
seeking a friendly, responsible Pricing & Client Care Specialist to
join our quotes team in a fun, fast-paced environment. We are a
service company that strives to provide the Ultimate Customer
Experience for our clients. A friendly attitude and teamwork are
essential to maintaining healthy vendor relations and interoffice
moral. Fundamental responsibilities for all office employees
include answering phones and taking pickup and quote requests from
customers. Primary functions of Pricing & Client Care Specialist
include providing quotes to clients and assisting to secure quoted
shipments through quotation follow up, relationship building and
tracking quoting successes and weaknesses. Follow up to include
contacting clients to get feedback on quotes, asking for the
business, asking for more opportunities and sharing industry
knowledge which will promote customer confidence and comfort with
Priority Worldwide. As a key contact to all our clients, the
constant focus on excellence and provision of the Ultimate Customer
Experience is compulsory. Daily Responsibilities:
- Prepare quotes for Priority's diverse customer base, including
Government/Defense & Commercial Clients.
- Assist with the daily management of the Hawaiian Government
Freight Management (GFM) quoting system. Including:
- Monitor and issue quotes in accordance with each customer's
- Turnover of successful quotations to the operations
- Support the mailbox for cargo being offered.
- Immediate acknowledgment of quote requests within 10 minutes of
receiving the e-mail.
- Consistently prepare quotes in CargoWise using market
intelligence. This requires detailed analysis of shipment
requirements, client specific requirements, client tariffs,
Priority tariffs, vendor tariffs, and agent rates.
- Use knowledge to maximize overall margins.
- Quote follow-up within 30 minutes via phone to confirm receipt
of quote and obtain feedback in order to secure business and
increase % of quote-win ratio.
- Answering phones and responding to both customer and vendor
needs via phone and email.
- Supporting and assisting the Customer Service team as needed,
including tracing, tracking, and updating customers on shipment
- Building rapport with customers through consistent
communication, asking for more opportunities and sharing industry
knowledge to promote customer confidence and comfort with Priority
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors, carriers, agents,
- Direct negotiation with vendors to secure the best
rates/service, including reaching out for spot and promo
- Maintenance of current vendor tariffs in CargoWise, Priority
shared drive, and Cargo Office tariff platform.
- Entry of new/unquoted shipments and conversion of quotes to
shipments as needed as a backup for operations or when the client
requests immediate tracking details.
- Active communication with inside and outside sales and
operations to ensure proper routings, tariffs and margins are used
and to provide and receive feedback.
- Assist with sales proposals as needed.
- Assist with preparing quoting reports for sales and management
- Work closely with sales and operations. Attendance to sales and
operations meetings on request.
- Resolution of discrepancies with vendors, clients, and internal
team members. Follow through until issues are fully cleared.
- Other duties as assigned by Management. This list is not
inclusive of all daily tasks or general office expectations but
rather a list of fundamental requirements specific to this job
position. Priority Worldwide relies on its employees to be
multi-faceted and assist wherever needed. Other related duties not
listed may be assigned by management. Priority Worldwide is an
equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This offer of employment is not intended to be a contract or
guarantee of continued employment. All employment at Priority
Worldwide is considered at will employment. Job duties, title,
compensation, benefits, as well as the Company's personnel policies
and procedures are subject to change at the discretion of
management. . Requirements: Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to ensure accurate and timely
completion of quoting duties.
- Strong team ethics.
- Friendly and professional customer-oriented skills, including
the ability to recognize the importance of customer satisfaction
and good vendor relations.
- Ability to deal well with stressful situations.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in freight forwarding and/or
Keywords: Priority Worldwide, Baltimore , Pricing Client Service Specialist, Other , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!