Assistant Data Visualization Designer
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Graphicacy, a mission driven data visualization, design and
interactive studio, is recruiting a junior level, data
visualization and user experience (UX) savvy, designer to join our
The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about data
visualization, UX design and visual storytelling. They will be
capable of assisting senior design staff in designing, and
iterating, cutting-edge interactive web experiences for Graphicacys
clients to continue to set Graphicacy apart as a leader in
innovative and well designed digital products.
We are a dynamic team that works fast as such, we want to work with
people who are forward thinking, self-motivated and excited about
About this role
- Work with Graphicacys senior design staff and clients to design
beautiful and informative interactive and static data
visualizations, online applications and information graphics.
- Contribute ideas, and participate in discussions about, data
visualization best practices, next-generation digital trends, and
innovative data visualization practices.
- Work with senior design staff, project managers and clients to
create graphic designs for a variety of online applications.
- Work with web developers to review and refine interactive data
- Must have (or the ability to quickly acquire) a baseline
proficiency in working with Data, using Excel, R, and Tableau or
- Will assist in the creation of high-fidelity mockups for
vetting and user testing
- Proficiency with Adobe products and strong baseline skills in
Sketch, Figma, Zeplin or equivalent applications.
- Two to three years of related data visualization and/or UX
- Baseline understanding of statistics and data analytics
- Bachelors degree in (Information, Graphic, Visual, UX, Web)
design and/or related field(s), or significant equivalent
- A strong visual design and technical portfolio.
- A passion to innovate and create work that pushes the
boundaries of data visualization and graphic design.
- A baseline understanding of visualization libraries like
- Creative ideas with a problem solving mindset.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon
- Experience in digital journalism.
- Familiarity with web development, including HTML/CSS,
such as Drupal or WordPress.
- Motion graphic design, animation and/or illustration
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Understanding of accessibility web standards.
We are looking for a smart, passionate person, and do not expect
that every applicant has experience in everything we listed above.
If you are interested in the role, but worried you dont meet all
our criteria, apply anyway. Demonstrate your creative thinking,
problem solving skills, and ability to learn on the job, with
projects in your portfolio, and in your cover letter.
About UsGraphicacy is a mission-driven data visualization and
design studio in Washington, DC, Brooklyn and Los Angeles.
Graphicacy partners with clients to tell engaging stories with
data. Graphicacys team combines storytelling, thoughtful
human-centered design and deep technical capabilities to build and
deploy strategic, data-rich digital projects. Graphicacys team has
created data visualizations and websites for top-tier organizations
and companies, domestically and internationally, including the Bill
& Melinda Gates Foundation, the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource
Center, the World Bank, the Center for American Progress, the
Anti-Defamation League, and many others.
Graphicacyis an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity of
ideas, experiences, and cultures, and we strongly encourage
applicants from a wide array of backgrounds and communities to
apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of
race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or
Graphicacy BenefitsThis is a full-time position with a competitive
salary ranging from $55k to $75k, commensurate with experience.
Generous benefits include medical, dental, vision and life
insurance and retirement matching. We also offer our team flexible
and liberal leave policies to ensure a healthy work-life
How to Apply
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and examples of work or a
link to your portfolio, to email@example.com with Assistant Data
Visualization Designer in the subject line.by Jobble
Keywords: Graphicacy, Baltimore , Assistant Data Visualization Designer, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!