Manufacturing Tech I
Company: Smith & Nephew
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Summary of Position
Responsible for hands-on execution of all activities in the
manufacturing area including the processing and packaging of human
tissue products for transplantation. All duties are performed in
compliance with FDA cGMP/cGTP requirements, American Association of
Tissue Banks (AATB) standards, and Osiris Therapeutics Inc.
standard operating procedures (SOPs). The candidate should have a
commitment to high standards of quality
* Follow batch production records (BPRs) and SOPs to manufacture
human tissue products.
* Utilize good documentation practices.
* Assist in the preparation of reports and other documentation as
applicable to the scope of operations in the manufacturing
* Identify areas for improvement in manufacturing efficiencies and
* Assist with technology transfer from R&D to manufacturing
* Perform cleaning and preparation of all equipment necessary for
the daily manufacturing of products.
* Conduct training sessions for less experienced technicians to
ensure a high level of effectiveness and quality is met during
* Maintain appropriate inventories of supplies within the
* Become an expert in selected key areas of interest.
* Perform housekeeping and general upkeep throughout the production
area as required
* Ability to interact professionally at multiple levels
* Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
* Ability to work professionally with highly confidential
* Flexibility and ability to adjust to changing priorities and
unforeseen events; excellent time management skills
* Ability to work consistently in a fast-paced environment
* Able to handle high pressure situations and constructively
resolve potential conflicts
Education and Training/Certification
* Associates degree in a life science
* 1 - 2 years of relevant experience in a GMP environment
* Additional GMP experience may be substituted for educational
* Bachelor's degree in a life science
Related Work Experience
* Familiar with aseptic technique
* Ability to perform mathematical calculations
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively
and efficiently in a team environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work flexible hours including overtime and
Material & Equipment Used & Frequency
* Computer - Daily
* Autoclave - Daily
* Heat Sealers - Daily
* Lyophilizer - Weekly
Work Environment / Travel Requirements
* Office Environment
* Cleanroom Environment
* Laboratory Environment
* 0% Travel
* Must be able to stand for up to 4 hours at a time
* Must be able to remain in PPE in a cleanroom environment for up
to 8 hours.
* Must be able to lift 30 pounds repeatedly
* Must have manual dexterity sufficient to cut finely with a
A job description is only to be used as a summary of the major
functions performed by a position and therefore may not capture
every responsibility or duty.
Smith+Nephew provides equal employment opportunities to applicants
and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or disability.
Keywords: Smith & Nephew, Baltimore , Manufacturing Tech I, Other , Columbia, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!