Company: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
Location: Red Lion
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Purchases a high volume and variety of materials, supplies and
services. Processes purchase requisitions in fulfillment of program
supply chain plans and other procurement requirements. Ensures the
timely and accurate procurement of required products, services and
components to meet production schedule and client requirements.
Prepares and conducts competitive solicitations for assigned
suppliers and/or products.
Major Position Responsibilities
* Participate in the development and maintenance of program supply
chain plans with planners and program staff.
* Process assigned requisitions in compliance with defined cycle
times in support of defined program supply chain plans and business
requirements, as applicable.
* Negotiate pricing and delivery to reduce costs and meet delivery
* Issue Purchase Orders and/or IDWA's as necessary.
* Work closely with programs, master scheduling, cost/price
analysis and compliance groups to ensure timely and accurate
completion of activities and communication of status.
* Prepares and conducts competitive solicitations for assigned
suppliers and/or products; evaluates bids, selects and recommends
* Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding return of
materials, over shipments, rejections, losses, damages and
engineering changes within assigned scope of responsibility and
level of authorization.
* Conducts supplier site visits and rates them as to production
capability, performance and delivery, often as part of a team.
* Comply with GDOTS corporate, and business unit policies and
* Comply with all applicable governmental regulations and laws.
* Provide fair and reasonable price determination, as required
within assigned work.
* Prepare and document cost/price analysis, as required within
assigned work.Participate in supplier IPT meetings.
* Participate in process improvement and/or Six Sigma teams., ther
duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will have working
knowledge of MicroSoft Office Suite software and Accounting
software.Serve as primary or secondary focal point for all assigned
suppliers. Effective communication skills. Highly organized and
self directed; performs effectively in team environment. Must be
able to function effectively in a high speed, complex environment
while managing competing demands. Knowledge of applicable
government regulations (i.e. FARs, DFARs, ITAR, etc.). Responds
promptly to customer needs. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes
obstacles with a sense of urgency. Works within the highest level
of integrity and safety. Works under general supervision. A certain
degree of creativity and latitude is required. Relies on experience
and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and to perform a variety
of tasks of varying complexity.
BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Accounting from four-year
college or university; or 3-5 years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Keywords: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, Baltimore , Buyer 2, Other , Red Lion, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!