Company: Business Group on Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Business Group on Health, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is a
member network of health and benefits professionals who represent
large employers and industry partners across the U.S. and globally.
Our members are primarily Fortune 500 companies and large public
sector employers, including the most innovative health care
purchasers, who provide health coverage for more than 60 million
workers, retirees, and their families in 200 countries. We are
dedicated to finding innovative solutions to health, well-being,
and workforce strategy issues. For further information, see
This experienced Associate will work in support of our Well-being &
Workforce Strategy Institute, the associated Leave Optimization
Forum and related projects. Topics include, but are not limited to,
employee and family well-being, workforce strategy, mental health,
leave policies, benefits and strategies, health equity and social
determinants of health. This position reports to the Vice President
responsible for the Well-being & Workforce Strategy Institute
(WWSI) and is based in Washington, DC. This position is temporarily
remote but will return to hybrid schedule of a minimum of three
days in the office, once we return to the office. -Primary
- Partner with other associates to create resources for member
companies. Requirements include researching, interviewing members,
writing, editing, and synthesizing information into actionable
solutions for employers and their employees. Resources produced
will include, but are not limited to, blogs, FAQs, checklists,
articles, executive summaries, and PowerPoint decks. This work will
primarily be for the WWSI group, but the Associate will also be
asked to work on other topics across the organization as well.
- With minimal oversight, review and edit meeting notes from
other team members to synthesize information for a variety of calls
and meetings including benchmarking sessions, Institute and Forum
meetings, conference sessions, etc.
- Work with others on the team to support the Best Employers:
Excellence in Health & Well-being award program. Duties include
supporting the application platform and annual updates, responding
to inquiries and troubleshooting with applicants as needed,
coordinating the judging panel, and ensuring deadlines are
- Work with other team members to plan and support their various
needs including content planning, deliverable development and
content-related coordination and logistics for committee
- With minimal oversight, research and respond to member
questions and requests, working within tight deadlines and across
the organization as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for the organization to better serve the
- Effectively collaborate with other team members across the
organization on complex, high quality deliverables.
- Contribute to the overall mission of the organization and
member recruitment and retention through excellent customer
- Communicate effectively and with minimal supervision with all
contacts internal and external to the Business Group.
- Bachelor's degree required, strong consideration for graduate
degree. -Preferred fields of study include health management,
health communications, health promotion, human resources, business,
public health or related field. -
- 4-6 years' work experience preferred in employee benefits or
well-being in an organization working with employers, health plans,
and other well-being providers.
- Experience with benefits or health care consulting a strong
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. -Required Skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities while
meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Manage a wide range of assigned projects on a day-to-day basis
with moderate supervision.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
skills. -A writing assessment will be required for top
- Excellent internal and external customer and member service
skills, having the ability to interact with colleagues, member
companies, and potential members.
- Strong organization skills and be organized, detail oriented,
- The ability to be resourceful and creative in finding and using
- The ability to work effectively on team projects; collaborating
with other colleagues to carry out the organization's goals and
- The ability to be self-motivated and exercise appropriate
individual discretion and judgments within the context of
established policies and procedures.
- High professional standards and the ability to handle sensitive
- Highly computer literate, with demonstrated proficiency in MS
Office Suite software, Zoom and Microsoft CRM. -Key Attributes
- Strong project management skills
- Member/customer-first orientation
- Interpersonal awareness/leadership
- Growth mindset -Qualified candidates can submit a cover letter
and resume to: -Human ResourcesBusiness Group on Health20 F Street,
NWSuite 200Washington, DC -20001HR@businessgrouphealth.org
Keywords: Business Group on Health, Baltimore , Associate, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!