Patient Service Coordinator
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Maintains and processes medical
record documentation in a manner which corresponds with the
practice's goal of high quality care and service.Minimum
- High School Diploma or equivalent.Experience
- 2 years of medical record experience
- None.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated organizational and filing skills; demonstrated
legible handwriting; ability to operate photocopier, fax machine,
and mailing machine; ability to type at least 35 words per
minute.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers the telephone with a positive and professional tone of
voice before the fourth ring and directs or resolves the call
appropriately in order to ensure each call is handled
- Copies and sends appropriate documents such as medical records
requests by mail or fax in a timely fashion to ensure high quality
care and service to referring physicians, patients, and outside
agencies such as insurance companies, attorneys, etc.
- Files documents and patient charts in appropriate locations by
following established processes in a timely manner to ensure an
efficient system of document retrieval and storage.
- Interacts with management, physicians, and staff by obtaining
and communicating essential data and assisting other team members
to coordinate efficient transactions of patient related
- Maintains a regulatory/compliance environment by following
organizational policies and procedures to ensure compliance to
state, local, and federal standards and regulations.
- Maintains filing system processes by requesting supplies and
equipment to ensure expeditious flow of information and reliable
storage of documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares charts for future and add on appointments by following
established processes to ensure an efficient system of document
- Records accurate and legible phone messages to ensure efficient
follow through for patient care.
- Retrieves charts for telephone messages, test results, and
medical records requests by following established processes to
ensure and efficient system of document retrieval.
- Supports patient care by copying and sending appropriate
documents such as dictation and test results by mail or fax within
48 hours of service to referring physicians, patients, and CA
physicians and staff.About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care
for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while
advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation
and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians
work in a variety of settings across our health system, including
10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the
largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Baltimore , Patient Service Coordinator, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!