Company: University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: May 16, 2022
What You Will Do: MRI Tech
Full Time Day Shift
Performs routine and specialized MRI and Computer Tomography (CT)
procedures to produce images of designated anatomical areas as
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Performs all magnetic resonance imaging procedures and computer
tomography procedures necessary for on call service; operates
equipment to produce images of designated anatomical areas as
ordered; monitors and adjusts equipment during procedures.
2. Prepares patients, equipment and supplies for procedures.
3. Monitors patients during procedures; notifies radiologist of
reactions and/or problems.
4. Inputs data into computer; produces computer-enhanced
5. Participates in the research and development and evaluation of
new methodologies and procedures.
6. Performs quality control/assurance procedures on computer,
imaging system, and other equipment.
7. Prepares and administers contrast media, with and without power
injection equipment, under the direction of the Radiologist.
8. Maintains records, logs, and documentation. Maintains inventory
of supplies for procedures.
9. Reviews each examination for technical accuracy, presents
completed examination for physician's review.
10. Follows established MRI safety requirements.
11. Demonstrates ability to do venipuncture.
12. Participates in on call rotation as assigned.
13. Ensures accuracy in the medication process, including
transport, storage, security and/or administration of medications
to include IV solutions.
14. Strives to achieve excellence of service as described in the
15. Responds to the following Shore Health System codes: Code Red
(in the immediate area), Code Pink (if called), Code D (if
16. Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of
the employee's knowledge and understanding, complies with all
Federal and State laws and regulations.
17. Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and
protected health information. Uses and discloses only that
information which is necessary to perform the function of the
18. Performs related duties as assigned. What You Need to Be
Successful: Completion of a two-year AMA accredited program in
Radiologic Technology. Current Registry as a Registered Radiology
Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(A.R.R.T.). Minimum of one year of experience in Magnetic Resonance
Imaging (MRI).Current State of Maryland Licensure as a Radiographer
or eligibility. CPR certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: blood collection, medical, medical laboratory
science, medical technologist, microbiology, mls, scientist,
sterile processing technician, technician iv, technologist
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , MRI Tech, Other , Easton, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!