Company: Dixon Valve
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Hydrasearch is looking for a Production Worker/Assembly in
Stevensville, MD! The primary role for this job will be to work
with our Assembly team to build a variety of critical items for our
customers, which include most of the Shipyards in the US. As an
assembler you will work with metal fittings, valves, couplings, and
hose assemblies. You will be working in an collaborative shop
environment where daily tasks vary and cross-training is essential.
Several work instructions and training are available and utilized
to assure we meet our high quality standards. Getting it right is
paramount. The right candidate accepts coaching and training to
achieve success. Attention to detail and pride of workmanship will
be integral parts of your position as a member of our team.
* To perform all duties outlined in the Standard Operating
Procedures governing the Assembly Department.
* Follow shop orders and prints; follow work instructions.
* Assemble all company product lines; including hoses, valves, and
* Grinding rudders and other hardware as necessary for secondary
machining operations. Working with bead blast equipment to assure
finished good quality objectives.
* Operate power tools and machinery. Examples include hand
drills/grinders, drill presses, hydraulic presses and others to
assist in assembly operation.
* Mark parts as directed with pin stampers, laser marking, etc.
* Transport raw materials and finished goods, using hand trucks,
dollies and shop carts.
* Consistently complete job paperwork in Computer.
* Accurately maintain part count and traceability.
* On the job training required to achieve cross training needs of
* Must be able to communicate well with others; ask questions,
* Be willing to learn new skills.
* Take pride in one's workmanship.
* Once proficient, work with minimal instructions.
* Ability to do basic math including computing ratios and
* Basic mechanical aptitude.
* Lift up to 70 lbs. occasionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed in this position and are not intended
to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills
required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal
opportunity employer. It is the Company's policy and practice to
recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to
administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits,
without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or
national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic
information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors
protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees
and applicants and to all aspects of the employment
Keywords: Dixon Valve, Baltimore , Assembly, Other , Stevensville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!