Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Overview The Marine Quality Specialist is responsible
for partnering with the SubCom Marine departments and Quality
leadership to develop, implement, and maintain process quality
initiatives and processes. This role also focuses on efforts to
continually improve the SubCom Marine quality program. The Quality
Specialist supports SubCom Marine functional groups by addressing
concerns and opportunities related to adherence to quality
processes. This role reports to the Director, Quality and Training.
- Collaborates key stakeholders to identify quality gaps and
develop initiatives to address and follow up to resolution
- Supports SubCom Marine departments by applying disciplined
problem-solving approaches to determine the root cause and to
identify corrective actions for complex problems and works to
ensure non-conforming products and processes are addressed
- Partners with management team to establish meaningful and
trackable metrics and establishes ongoing benchmarks to ensure
metrics are achieved.
- Leads internal quality process improvement and coordinates and
supports 3rd party quality systems audits and prepares and keeps
- Provides support to project teams including but not limited to;
development of quality plans, supporting review and approval of ISO
requirements and auditing results, supports customer deliverables,
and supports other departments and functions as required
- Verifies that new Processes meet quality standards.
- Ensures compliance with applicable company and government
- Ensures employees receive appropriate quality and product
- Generates quality reports as needed.
- Consistently ensures that business is always conducted with
integrity and that behavior aligns with SubCom policies,
procedures, and core values.Qualifications
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Certified Lead Auditor to ISO-9001:2015 is preferred
- Min. 6 years of relevant professional experience required
- 5+ years of experience with Quality Systems development and
- 5+ years of experience in auditing of functional and support
- Previous experience leading and transforming Quality Systems is
- Strong background in developing, implementing, and auditing
ISO-9001:2015 Quality Systems.
- Experience training others in Quality Systems and the use of
Quality tools and concepts required.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills, utilizing a proven
structured, disciplined approach (A3, 8D, 5P, etc.)
- Excellent communication and coaching skills at all levels from
the shop floor to top management, including the ability to speak,
read and write fluently in English.
- Ability to have a holistic overview of complex situations and
flexibility to deal effectively with difficult issues when they
- Some travel may be required.
Keywords: SubCom, Baltimore , Quality Specialist, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!