RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST - PRN
Company: University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health
Location: Bel Air
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job ID: 102948
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Bel Air,MD US
Hours of Work: 7a-3p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
PRN - Various schedules/shifts
Bel Air, Maryland
Every Patient. Every Encounter. Every Day.
At University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health (UM UCH), you
will join a highly dedicated and supportive team that has been
providing high quality care to the community of Harford County for
over 100 years. We proudly serve our patients and our community
with unwavering commitment and exceptional care. It's our passion
for people that motivates us to do great work every single day.
Consistently named among the top 100 Best Places to Work in
Maryland, our team members have the opportunity to grow
professionally in a supportive and stimulating environment.
We are seeking new and experienced Radiologic Technologists to join
our extraordinary team!
As a Rad Tech you will:
- Performs routine Radiographic procedures according to written
protocols to provide sufficient views necessary for the
- Produces medically useful images utilizing appropriate
radiation exposure and patient positioning sufficient to serve the
Radiologist and referring physician orders.
- Performs routine Fluoroscopic procedures according to written
protocols to provide sufficient technique and support necessary for
- Collects, documents, and presents routine pertinent and
available medical information to the Radiologist necessary for the
interpretation of the imaging procedure.
- Ensures patient images are accurately identified by using
radiographic lead markers and confirming patient name, date of
exam, body side, and technologist performing the procedure.
- Prepares the patient for the radiologic procedure through
explanation of the preparation requirements, procedural steps, and
clothing requirements to ensure adequate patient compliance and a
- Prepares liquid contrast for oral or retrograde alimentary
canal studies to ensure adequate mucosal coating necessary for the
diagnostic procedure and successful timely service to the
As a member of our team, you will experience:
- A supportive, collaborative, and continuous learning work
- A comprehensive benefits package to support your health and a
- 403(b) savings plan
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Successful completion of an AMA-approved two-year course in
- Must be board certified through ARRT (RT-R).
- Must possess Maryland Board of Physicians Radiographer
- BLS required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health, Baltimore , RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST - PRN, Other , Bel Air, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!