Sampling & Supervision Inspector - Baltimore / Washington area
Company: Alfred H Knight Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Sampling & Supervision Inspector - Baltimore / Washington
What is on offer?
Alfred H Knight has an opportunity for a Sampling & Supervision
Inspector to join our team.
Alfred H Knight North America performs Inspection and Testing for a
variety of clients. We act as an independent party to verify
compliance to industry and technical standards as well as providing
technical data to support trade and product valuation.
As a Sampling & Supervision Inspector, you would be responsible for
ensuring client instructions are carried out at the consignment
location, acting as an independent party to verify compliance to
agreed processes and providing details to clients regarding the
handling of their product. Some assignments may include active
sampling and shipping of products for laboratory testing.
Alfred H Knight is an independent provider of inspection and
testing services. Established in 1881, AHK operates in more than 40
countries with a well-earned reputation for providing reliable,
professional services. For additional details about us, please
visit our website: www.ahkgroup.com. We provide specialist services
for a wide range of commodities within base and minor metals, steel
raw materials, ferroalloys, precious metals, platinum group metals,
industrial minerals, solid fuels and fertilizers. Our clients
include miners, smelters, refineries, traders, financial
institutions and government bodies.
We maintain rigorous quality standards to ensure that our
operations provide the highest level of services to our clients. We
achieve this through compliance with industry standards and
regulations for laboratory, inspection and quality management,
including ISO: IEC 17025, 17020, 9001, 14001 and 45001. Our people
are our finest asset and as a truly global company, we value
diversity, and respect people from all backgrounds.
Do you have what it takes?
To be successful at Alfred H Knight, you will need to display the
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors
- Ability to communicate efficiently with work site and
- Maintain a professional and independent position for all
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to convey details
through written reports and photographs
- Must be reliable and able to organize and operate independently
(training will be provided)
- General computer literacy (Word, Excel, G-mail, Google Drive,
Required Work Experience
- Experience in material sampling and inspection practices is
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and occasionally climb a ladder
- Must have a personal vehicle suitable for transportation to
- TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credentials allow
access to US Ports) preferred. If working in a geography where TWIC
is required, candidate must be able to pass the background and
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Travel / Rotation Requirements
- Depending on geography, some travel may be required, including
What are the benefits?
We are offering an excellent employment opportunity with salary
compensation that provides room forgrowth, with the following
benefits and reimbursement programs being provided.
- Fully company funded health and dental insurance for the
employee (with the option to add dependents at the cost of the
- 401K program with company contribution at a set percentage
(with no employee contribution required)
- Fully company funded life insurance
- Paid vacation (10 days first year - prorated based on
- Paid major holidays (some instances may occur where assignments
overlap holidays, allowing for later observance)
- Mileage reimbursement program for work travel
- Company provided laptop computer and cell phone for work
- Company credit card for travel expenses (exclusive of meals,
which are paid on a per diem basis)
- Company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and
operational equipment as needed/required for all assignments
Keywords: Alfred H Knight Group, Baltimore , Sampling & Supervision Inspector - Baltimore / Washington area, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!