Staff Nurse- ICU- LHWE 0.6 (varied shifts)
Company: Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective
healthcare as a provider of direct and indirect patient care and by
effective of the health care team. Functions as a competent member
of the health care team.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Clinical Decision Making/Judgment
- Demonstrates clinical nursing knowledge and skill in the
specialization of the unit.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply the nursing process
effectively in the care of culturally diverse patients and
families. Demonstrates the ability to utilize all applicable laws,
policies, standards, guidelines and evidence-based practice in the
provision of patient/family care.
- Organizes and reprioritizes patient care activities based on
subtle and overt and/or environmental changes.
- Consistently and thoroughly assesses patients to collect data
and identify learning needs according to established standards and
- Utilizes a systematic, continuous and complete analysis of
assessment data to develop individualized problem lists for
- Develops and individualizes a plan of care for each patient in
accordance with established standards, appropriate prioritization
of problems/needs, and mutually agreed upon goals.
- Efficiently implements the patient's plan of care in accordance
with applicable standards, policies, procedures and
- Demonstrates proficiency in medication administration, pain
management and other unit or initiative specific skills.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the plan(s) of
care, making revisions and recommendations based on analysis of
patient responses to interventions.
2. Nurse-Patient Family Relationships
- Demonstrates the ability to assess the patient's/family's
learning needs, readiness to learn, learning style, and presence of
barriers to learning.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop, implement and evaluate
teaching plans for patient populations in unit specialty in
accordance with applicable standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of growth and
development across the life span to the care of patients.
- Provides direct patient care to patients and families in a
culturally, developmentally and ethically appropriate
- Plans of care address the physical, psychosocial, spiritual and
learning needs of the patient/family.
3. Clinical Scholarship
- Participates in QI, CPI and risk management activities at the
unit, department or organizational level.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively perform and improve all
processes in order to achieve excellence with regard to AAMC's
quality standards and benchmarks.
- Supports the use of evidence based guidelines and
organizational policies and procedures to promote safe patient care
and a safe practice environment.
4. Clinical Leadership
- Participates in unit shared governance according to
- Participates in the education and orientation of new
- Delegates patient care activities as appropriate; evaluates
delegated activities for expected patient care outcomes.
- Employs real time computer documentation when completing
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Adherence to the credentialing requirements of AAMC as stated
in the nursing bylaws.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board
- CPR - American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
- ACLS - American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
Certification required within 1 year of hire
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position
will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up
to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions in accordance with the Americans with
The above job description is an overview of the functions and
requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be
an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this
position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed
Welcome to Luminis Health
Get ready for a bright future with us as we ignite a new era in
community care. One that gives our patients easier access to what
they need, when and where they need it. We offer many opportunities
and locations for you to contribute your talents: Three hospitals
(Anne Arundel Medical Center, Doctors Community Medical Center,
McNew Family Medical Center), multiple outpatient services to
include imaging, lab, services, medical group, mental health and
substance use treatment centers, outpatient pavilions in Bowie,
Easton, Kent Island, Pasadena, Odenton and Waugh Chapel and a
We invite you to shine your light and join us in sharing optimism,
collaborating on innovation, and delivering quality care.
The future is bright. Yours and ours.
PATIENT- & FAMILY-CENTERED CARE
Patient- and family-centered care requires more than a skill set.
It requires a mindset focused on the principles of Dignity and
Respect, Information Sharing, Participation and Collaboration.
Patients and families are encouraged to be participatory members of
the health care team - helping to make decisions about their care
or the care of a loved one.
Our nursing quality councils are based on a three-tier
infrastructure - unit level, service line level, and organizational
level. Each level escalates to the next, allowing for strong
communication and collaboration between quality councils, as well
as within and between the service lines. Within the councils,
nurses formulate their practice questions, conduct literature
reviews, review research articles, and create quality improvement
projects geared to the specific needs of their patients.
Anne Arundel Medical Center makes career growth and advancement a
priority for our nurses. We have a formal clinical ladder program
and clinical ladder coaches who can help you assess your goals and
guide you through the portfolio and application process. We also
offer financial aid and scholarship opportunities, along with
in-house seminars, workshops and access to continuing education
credits via HealthStream -.
Keywords: Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center, Baltimore , Staff Nurse- ICU- LHWE 0.6 (varied shifts), Other , Annapolis, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!