Quality Assurance Spec
Company: University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: November 26, 2022
What You Will Do:
Quality Assurance Specialist
Full-time, M-F Day
$10K Sign On Bonus Opportunity!
The Quality Assurance Specialist, under general supervision of lab
leadership, oversees and coordinates the quality assurance
activities, requirements, licensure requirements and accreditation
activities as well as develops quality programs for Blood Bank
When you join our team , you'll become a part of a diverse,
engaged, dynamic and welcoming team of professionals who are well
integrated and well received within the Medical Center and in the
As a Team Member , you'll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and
dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free
Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a
base wage scale that is measured to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for
your graduate degree.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a relevant
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in
a lab is required.
- Two years of Quality Assurance experience is required.
- Working knowledge of AABB, TJC, CLIA, CAP regulatory
requirements, Transfusion Services, and Blood Donor Center are
- Certification as a medical technologist or equivalent
preferred, equivalent combination of education and experience is
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to perform
mathematical and statistical operations for recording and
evaluating laboratory results, including mean, standard deviation
and coefficient of variation. The ability to follow detailed
written or oral instructions accurately; knowledge of biosafety and
chemical hazard requirements and ability to write technical
- Ability to use a CRT and computerized system for logging and
tracking laboratory test results and patient information for
calibrating laboratory equipment. Ability to use software such as
word-processing, spreadsheet, and database management.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: automation, process, prevent, qa, quality
assurance analyst, software quality, software quality assurance,
software quality assurance engineer, test engineer, tester
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Quality Assurance Spec, Other , Parkville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!