Culinary Arts Teacher
Company: York County School of Technology
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*General Description: *
The Culinary Arts Teacher shall have responsibility for the
instruction of high school students in the culinary arts program.
Duties shall include classroom instruction, lesson plan design,
progress monitoring, curriculum and content planning and
collaboration with other culinary staff members. This position
reports to the Academy Principal.
The individual to be hired to the position of Culinary Arts Teacher
must meet the following conditions and qualifications:
* PA CTE Teaching Certification in Quantity Foods strongly
preferred. PA Instructional certification in Family and Consumer
Science is also appropriate for this position.
* Noncertified candidates must have at least four years of full
time (or equivalent) work experience within the field. Candidates
not possessing PA teaching certification must be willing to
complete required college coursework and testing requirements
through Penn State University to obtain full certification.
* Graduate from a culinary arts program or formal education in
culinary arts strongly preferred.
* Experience with baking and pastry is preferred.
* Practical knowledge of food preparation, the overall structure
and workflow of a kitchen, culinary facilities, supplies equipment,
and safety and sanitation guidelines.
* Ability to communicate with a diverse group of students, parents,
coworkers, and the community in a manner which demonstrates dignity
The School reserves the right to excuse any applicant from meeting
one or more of the listed qualification requirements, provided the
applicant possesses other qualifications in addition to the minimum
set forth herein, and that the School deems those qualifications to
be an adequate and acceptable substitute for the particular
qualification(s) not possessed by the applicant.
*Key Responsibilities: *
The Culinary Arts Teacher must have the ability to perform the
following essential functions with or without reasonable
* Instruct students in grades 9-12 in various aspects of culinary
arts, complying with state and industry standards. This may
include, but is not limited to, food preparation, menu planning,
nutrition, food resources, culinary skills, culinary culture and
history, equipment and supplies, inventory, quality controls, costs
and pricing, safety, and sanitation.
* Create and implement lesson plans conforming to school
requirements for content and/or format.
* Maintain accurate records of student progress and submit grade
reports as required.
* Create a positive environment conducive toward learning.
* Work cooperatively with other culinary program staff members and
promote a cohesive team-based approach to the program and
* Contact parents or guardians when necessary.
* Develop connections with local businesses and outside
organizations to promote internships, sponsorships, and/or job
* Attend school functions as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* York, PA 17402: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Culinary: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: York County School of Technology, Baltimore , Culinary Arts Teacher, Other , York, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!