Radiologic Technologist-PRN *Baltimore Float*
Company: University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: November 26, 2022
What You Will Do:
PRN - rotate
Baltimore City, Maryland
**$500 sign on Bonus**
Come work in our fast paced Urgent Care Center! Our Radiologic
Technologists are responsible for providing quality patient centric
care, performing x-ray studies and supporting medical assistant
duties for UM Urgent Care patients. Must be self-driven,
comfortable with multi-tasking and ready to be your best self. Our
centers are open 7 days a week from 8:00am-8:00pm; team members
work 3-4 shifts per week including on-call.
Principle Responsibilities and Tasks
- The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Functions as both, front office or back office clinical team
member, depending on daily assignment. Performs allof the assigned
duties of the host or clinical daily responsibilities checklist for
opening, shift and closing of center.
- Greets and assists patients and other guests in a professional,
friendly, hospitable manner. Registers arriving patients in the EMR
following existing protocols.
- Rooms patients and provides triage services, including vital
signs, review of symptoms and chief complaint in an electronic
medical record (EMR).
- Accurately record patient information such as vital signs,
review of systems and chief complaint in an electronic medical
- Proficient in full range of medical assisting skills, collect
urine samples, reconstitute medications, administer oral
medications, provide oxygen and nebulizer treatments, assist
providers with medical procedures, perform minor procedures,
collect specimens, perform rapid laboratory tests, perform EKGs,
process and prepare blood samples for outside lab processing, and
splinting and fitting patients for durable medical equipment.
- Perform routine lab maintenance and logs; perform routine
maintenance on the autoclave, sterilization and packaging of
surgical instrument kits.
- Cleaning and staging of exam and procedure suites in between
- Processes cash and credit payments for services.
- Prepares the radiology suite, equipment, and materials as
necessary. Prepares pediatric and adult patients for x-ray studies
and effortlessly explains and completes the capturing of
- Performs regular and accurate inventory of medical supplies and
processes orders. Re-stocks shelves and suites when supply orders
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High school diploma is required.
- Graduation from an approved school and/or program is
- BLS/CPR Certification is required.
- Current state licensure as a radiologic technologist or a
Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist with all modifiers is
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: cardiac, cath laboratory, computerized,
mammographer, mri, rad, radiographer, radiologic, tomography, x
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Radiologic Technologist-PRN *Baltimore Float*, Other , Parkville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!