Company: University of Maryland Medical System
Posted on: November 26, 2022
What You Will Do:
SH Ultrasound Technologist
(Graysonville ) , MD
We are looking for talented professionals to join our extraordinary
team at University of Maryland - Shore Regional Health.
At Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting
impact on patients and families. You'll experience the support of a
collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike
any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice
options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of
Performs routine and specialized ultrasound imaging procedures in
accordance with established professional and departmental
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Performs routine and specialized ultrasound procedures.
- Performs quality control tests as assigned.
- Checks technical quality of images; submits for interpretation;
discusses findings with Radiologist.
- Enters exam data on forms/computer screens as required by
- Takes patient history; documents for Radiologist.
- Explains procedures to patients.
- Maintains required continuing education credits.
- Participates in on call rotation as assigned.
- Participates in research and development of new methodologies
- Maintains records, logs and documentation as required.
- Ensures accuracy in the medication process, including
transport, storage, security and/or administration of medications
to include IV solutions.
- Strives to achieve excellence of service as described in the
- Responds to the following Shore Health System codes: Code Red
(in the immediate area), Code Pink (if called), Code D (if
- Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of
the employee's knowledge and understanding, complies with all
Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and
protected health information. Uses and discloses only that
information which is necessary to perform the function of the
- Performs related duties as assigned.
As a team m e mber with Shore Regional Health , you'll
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and
dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
- Work Life Balance: You'll accrue generous paid time off ; we
offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disa bility and
an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education
and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement
What You Need to Be Successful:
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSE/CERTIFICATION
Registry or eligibility as a Registered Diagnostic Medical
Sonographer. State of Maryland Licensure as a Radiographer or
eligibility, if applicable. Current CPR certification
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: aseptic technique, biopharmaceutical, dietary,
drug development, histologist, kinesiology, nephrology, patient,
Keywords: University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore , Utrasound Tech, Other , Grasonville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!