MED Program Coordinator
Company: Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service
Posted on: November 26, 2022
If you are passionate about transforming communities with a
mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for
you!Since 1939, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) has
offered welcome and hope to refugees. LIRS has transformed lives
with the support and hard work of people like you, to welcome the
most vulnerable to the United States from sea to shining sea.We
help people seeking safety from persecution in their home countries
and reunite families torn apart by conflict. We resettle refugees.
We protect vulnerable children who arrive alone in the United
States. We advocate for compassion and justice for all migrants.
Widely recognized for our expertise in implementing federal
programs on behalf of refugees and migrants in the United States,
conducts policy advocacy, and advances the protection and rights of
vulnerable migrants.Headquartered in the beautiful Inner Harbor of
downtown Baltimore we provide services nationwide through a network
of staff and affiliates. Attracting and retaining the best talent
is vital to our continued growth and we are proud to offer an
excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision
available the first day of employment, professional development,
tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off including 20 days of
vacation, 12 days of sick leave, 12 paid holidays PLUS the week
between Christmas and New Year's Day, 12 weeks of paid parental
leave and up to 12 weeks of fully paid FMLA leave, company 403(b)
contribution of 3%, an additional 4% match, Family Building
benefits for reproductive procedures, adoption/foster care
assistance, and an annual wellness benefit that can be customized
to support your personal needs including funding enrichment
classes, gym memberships, and healthy eating plans (to name a few)
all in an inclusive and progressive environment!Lutheran
Immigration and Refugee Service is a champion for all uprooted
people. Please join us as we make a difference in the lives of
newcomers.The MED Program Coordinator will provide coordination of
the Refugee Microenterprise Development (MED) Program to ensure
culturally competent economic empowerment services for refugees and
immigrants. Through the Microenterprise Development Program, LIRS
provides refugees currently in business or seeking to start
businesses with opportunities for business training, one-on-one
technical assistance, and access to credit and capital.DUTIES
- Lead outreach efforts to enroll clients, such as conducting
presentations, distributing flyers, and encouraging participation
- Follow-up on recruitment efforts by providing program overview
and setting up detailed intake appointments for assessment with
- Oversee enrollment by obtaining required documentation such as
loan application and credit check authorization.
- Prepare, secure space for, and register clients for training
and technical assistance.
- Provide one-on-one technical assistance to participants and
refer to mentors or external partners when needed and
- Maintain a case file on each client, documenting all
interactions, training, and loan activity.
- Ensure participants complete required trainings.
- Gather and submit all needed documents for loan approval.
- Manage the credit-builder and MED loans, tracking all loan data
and repayment activity.
- Build and maintain relationships with program partners (bank,
SBA, etc.) to expand participant access to technical assistance and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree desired, preferably in business
administration or Social Work, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Experience working with refugees and/or immigrants strongly
- Cross cultural sensitivity and knowledge with a desire to work
with people of other cultures.
- Experience with financial management and loan servicing.
- Understanding of U.S. business climate and systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business development, with experience
in business counseling strongly desirable.
- Experience with program management, including recruitment and
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; functional
fluency in one or more foreign languages preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and loan
- Valid driver's license and the ability to drive
unrestricted.Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is an
equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state, or local laws.
Keywords: Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, Baltimore , MED Program Coordinator, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!