Therapeutic Integration Instructor
Company: The League for People with Disabilities Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: The Therapeutic Integration Instructor works with a
team of other Instructors, the Activity Specialist, and the Program
Manager to run the Therapeutic Integration program at The League's
Cold Spring Lane location. The Therapeutic Integration program
meets during the school year and follows the Baltimore City Public
Schools calendar. Therapeutic Integration Instructors work with a
case load of three participants with autism, assisting participants
with personal care and facilitating programs in the areas of
sports, cooking, swimming, arts and music. This is a part time
position. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Activity Specialist to facilitate
implementation of daily activities in TI Group.
- Assist assigned group of participants with personal care
(dressing, toileting, eating, etc.) and accompany participants to
- Work cooperatively with other TI staff to support participants
and build participant's self-esteem through positive
- Actively engage assigned participants at all times.
- Plan and initiate age-appropriate free time activities.
- Communicate participant and programmatic needs with the
Activity Specialist, and Program Manager.
- Remain knowledgeable and communicate effectively about the
individual needs of all participants within the program.
- Adhere to all established behavior plans and/or protocols for
- Complete daily logs for assigned participants.
- Submit all documentation within the required timeframes (i.e.,
timesheets, logs, etc.)
- Immediately inform supervisor of any abnormal marks, bruises,
behaviors, etc that are observed/displayed by participants.
- Follow all agency and program specific policies and
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the TI Program
- Demonstrate the 5 Core Values of The League (Accountability,
Participant Focus, Quality, Independence and Mutual Respect)
- Operationalize the mission of The League for People with
- Minimum age of 18.
- Ability to lift participants up to 50 lbs. in accordance with
established safe lifting procedures.
- Behavioral Principles and Strategies, AED, First Aid and CPR
within the first 3 months. Educational and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 100 hours experience working with people with
developmental disabilities, specifically those with Autism Spectrum
Disorder. High School diploma required, BS in therapeutic
recreation or related field preferred PI202047898
Keywords: The League for People with Disabilities Inc, Baltimore , Therapeutic Integration Instructor, Other , Baltimore, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!