Ultrasound Technologist-Registered-AADi (Outpatient) - Part-time
Company: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
* Eligible for $9K Commitment Bonus for
Part-time (24 hrs/week) - Day shift position w/ rotating weekends
Performs ultrasound procedures in accordance with established
safety and quality standards and the special needs of patients.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs ultrasound diagnostic procedures and routine
ultrasound procedures within the designated time frame and in
accordance with the established quality standards and needs of the
- Participates in performing biopsies of various organs and in
preparing patients for specific procedures.
- Confers with the department supervisor to report problems
relative to equipment, staffing and productivity and makes
recommendations on personnel matters within an assigned
- Obtains pertinent clinical data prior to sonographic
examination, supervises the preparation of patients and records
- Conducts daily calibration checks in the adjustment and
maintenance of ultrasound and peripheral equipment and records
- Maintains daily activities log and procedure manual; complies
data and issues monthly reports as required.
- Ensures compliance with AAD safety policies and procedures;
maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in the work
- Assists in the clinical instruction of technologists and
students when needed.
- Monitors supplies in assigned work area and notifies manager
when shortages occur. Assures to stock assigned area during each
shift and monitor expiration of time sensitive supplies and takes
appropriate action when needed.
- Maintains current license, CME's and participates in various
applicable educational activities as per
- Successful completion of a one-year program in ultrasound
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) certification
in physics, abdomen-pelvis, Ob-Gyn by the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider BLS CPR
- Experience in Breast Sonography required
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position
will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of
force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions in accordance with the Americans with
The above job description is an overview of the functions and
requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be
an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this
position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed
Keywords: Anne Arundel Medical Center, Baltimore , Ultrasound Technologist-Registered-AADi (Outpatient) - Part-time, Other , Annapolis, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!