Company: The YGS Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Position Location: York, PA
Hours: Full-Time - Second Shift 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Scope: The Bindery Operator is primarily responsible for effective
setup, adjustments, and operation of the cutter and/or other
bindery machines such as a folder, and/or stitcher, that may
contain multiple functions and station capabilities, such as
bindery and finishing units that process printed sheets into final
products, including books, catalogs, manuals, directories,
magazines, and mailers, as scheduled.
Essential FunctionsResponsibilities:This position exists to perform
the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Read, analyze, and interpret run tickets and understand job
- Set up, adjust, and operate flatbed cutter, stitcher, folder
and/or other bindery machines to process printed sheets into final
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple workstations
on a single machine, as needed.
- Feed, stock, move, jog, arrange, unload, and rotate items
on/off bindery and/or finishing equipment in accordance with
operating instructions or under guidance of a bindery operator or
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment, as needed.
- Monitor quality, output, and productivity. Assure quality of
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- Perform routine maintenance according to PM schedule.
- Positively communicate information and respond to questions
from team members.
- Complete appropriate forms relating to job tickets: stock
description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements
for incoming and outgoing materials.11. Keep area being clean,
organized, and safe.12. Support all 5-S and lean initiatives, as
required.13. Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.14.
Participate in and satisfactorily complete all required training
programs for the assigned position.15. Adhere to and promote all
safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the
proper handling of hazardous waste, lockout/tagout rules, and
hearing and eye protection policies.16. Perform other duties as
assigned by management representatives within the scope of
responsibility and the requirements of the job.Education:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalency, required.
- Associates degree in print operations and communications, or
related field, preferred.Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of five years' experience in the industry operating
flatbed cutter, stitcher, folder and other various bindery
equipment in a fast-paced, high-volume printing environment,
- Prior folder, stitching and cutting experience necessary to
perform the full range of standard and specialized finishing
operations of printed materials, required.
- Able to feed, stock, move, jog, arrange, unload, and rotate
items on/off bindery and/or finishing equipment in accordance with
operating instructions or under guidance of a bindery manager.
- Able to read and interpret written work orders or other job
specifications containing bindery requirements that indicate the
number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the
work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with
- Able to set up and operate bindery machines to perform the full
range of standard and specialized finishing of printed materials to
complete a combined finishing product.
- General knowledge of the more complex bindery machines (i.e.,
fully automatic binding machines (perfect binders), multiple
station collators, and multiple folding units, either individually
or combined) to perform the full range of standard and specialized
folds of printed materials.
- Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various
coated and uncoated types of paper stock.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, and calculate
distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines.Physical
Requirements:Physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Able to stock, move, jog, arrange, unload, count, and rotate
items on/off equipment in accordance with operating instructions or
under guidance of an operator or supervisor.
- Able to stand for the duration of the shift, as assigned.
- Able to walk about for extended periods.
- Able to interpret information effectively, listen, speak
clearly, and communicate effectively.
- Able to ascend and descend stairs and/or ladder, bend, stoop,
twist, reach, push, pull, lift, lower, and grasp, regularly.
- Able to frequently lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift
up to 50 pounds.
- Able to maintain good attendance.
- Able to be flexible with schedule to include working overtime
in support of the workload, or working a different shift, as
needed.To apply, submit your resume to careers@theYGSgroup.com.
Notice to All Applicants: This posting is not intended to provide
an all-inclusive list of duties, rather to provide an overview of
essential functions and basic duties. Requirements, skills, and
abilities included, have been determined to be the minimal
standards required to successfully perform in the position. In no
instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and
requirements delineated be interpreted, as all-inclusive.
Employment with The YGS Group is at-will. The employment process
with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and
post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
Keywords: The YGS Group, Baltimore , Bindery Operator, Other , York, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!